PDA

View Full Version : Pulley question

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Brett Polwell
07-02-2013, 07:46 AM
I am trying to put OBA on my Jeep using the York and pulley set up that was originally on the 1975 J20 truck that I pulled the 401 from to put in my Wrangler. I have everything I need but I am missing the 3 groove water pump pully from the originall setup. I have gotten a 3 groove pulley from a friend and it is from an amc v8 with air but it does not work. It is too large in diameter and the offset is too close to the block. My crank pulley has a larger diameter groove for the a/c pump and the pulley I now have won't clear it. It also has only a single belt that runs from the crank, to the water pump, to a tensioner pulley, to the York, then the back of the belt rides on an idler on the alt bracket and then back to the crank. I can't find any diagrams matching this set up. Lucky me. I am wondering if you sell a 3 groove water pump pulley that would work for my application?

jeepsr4ever
07-02-2013, 07:56 AM
Brett we recently phased out all grooved pulleys for serpentine pulleys. You can order a serp system that will work with one belt but not a v belt. I think we have 1 crank pulley left in a 3 groove. I dont think we have any waters left.

Brett Polwell
07-02-2013, 12:39 PM
No problem. Thanks for the quick response.

Bulltear Ad