PDA

View Full Version : Low mount alternator bracket

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

SuperStockAMX
09-08-2014, 12:09 AM
I bought the Bulltear billet mount that bolts onto the intake manifold. A very nice piece. I spent time making sure the fore / aft distance was the same as my non-stock ATI balancer and Moroso crank pulley. Finally got it perfect and went to put a belt on and.....dang! That Mezier electric water pump is in the way of the belt!

This is race car application with full-sized Delco alternator. No other accessories. Crank pulley to alternator pulley and that's it. Don't forget the Mezier electric water pump is in the way. I would like something that mounts the alternator to passenger side lower than the presently available Bulltear product. I would like to avoid the driver side but am not totally against that. But I do have a crank trigger pick-up mounting bracket welded to a fuel pump block-off plate that I need access to on the driver side.

Of course I need that tomorrow...
Please email me with any ideas.
Thanks,
Jeff

jeepsr4ever
09-08-2014, 09:59 AM
Jeff I could redesign a bracket for you and custom one off. Would be about $250 to machine it and design it.

jeepsr4ever
09-09-2014, 09:20 AM
Jeff I got your message this AM. I will do some design work as time permits today.

SuperStockAMX
09-19-2014, 12:58 PM
Thanks, looking forward to getting this. Also, could you leave some more threads on that long stainless threaded rod (if that's in your design this time)? On the upper alternator mount I received, it was just a little to short.
I'm using a Moroso lower pulley attached to my ATI dampener. The pulley measures:
2.50" from dampener face to the start of the V-groove.
2.75" from dampener face to middle of V-groove.
3.00" from dampener face to end of V-groove.
And I just thought of something. Eventually I will be adding an MSD crank trigger wheel in between the dampener and lower pulley. It measures .360" thick.
I think you'll be able to sell a few of these...

Bulltear Ad