PDA

View Full Version : Computer Failure

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

stillworkin
09-12-2014, 06:31 AM
I have a gateway computer (not sure of specs) that came with the kit I purchased the software was already loaded on it. 2 nights ago I turned the computer off and went to start it up last night and to my surprise it is a no go. When I plug the computer into power it automatically turns itself on and then 5 seconds later shuts itself back down. I opened the case and cleaned all the dust out of it, and still no go. I noticed with the case open, after the computer shuts itself down there is a green led still illuminated on the motherboard. So my question is if I have to replace the computer how do I go about getting all the software back on?

Thanks,
Martin Fountain

if you feel like giving me a call 228-323-4918

jeepsr4ever
09-12-2014, 09:09 AM
Martin what I would do is bring it to a PC repair shop. That way you will not loose any of your programs (if the hard drive is intact)

stillworkin
09-12-2014, 09:21 AM
So if they can't pull the programs from the hard drive, I'm basically screwed?

jeepsr4ever
09-12-2014, 12:13 PM
No not screwed at all...but that's the best bet.

stillworkin
09-12-2014, 12:21 PM
So what are my options if they can't pull it off the hard drive?

jeepsr4ever
09-12-2014, 12:24 PM
Getting you back up and running is very simple actually but to get your old programs (drawings, cut paths) back would be easier if you brought it into a PC shop. If it is something simple like a power supply then you have $30 into it and nothing changes, no headaches. If you buy a PC from us with everything loaded you would spend $450 shipped. If you bought a PC somewhere else (Dell OptiPlex 620) I could get you Mach 3 and sheetcam free (You paid for that already) and the drawing software key would need to be rebought since you are talking about a machine Pre-Bobcad.

stillworkin
09-12-2014, 12:57 PM
what specs should I look for if I need a new computer? I don't use Bobcad for drawings, I use autocad and autodesk inventor. I would only need mach 3 and sheetcam. Do you have to send me the discs for those to programs or is that something I download and just get the license from you?

jeepsr4ever
09-12-2014, 01:39 PM
Right yes you can download the latest Sheetcam from Sheetcam.com (Stable version) and Mach 3 from CandCNC's website here

http://www.candcnc.com/manuals.htm "Master installer" at the bottom of the page. Use the DTHCII install file. Also PM me your email address I will see you get licenses ASAP

jeepsr4ever
09-12-2014, 01:41 PM
Right yes you can download the latest Sheetcam from Sheetcam.com (Stable version) and Mach 3 from CandCNC's website here

http://www.candcnc.com/manuals.htm "Master installer" at the bottom of the page. Use the DTHCII install file. Also PM me your email address I will see you get your again licenses ASAP

Dell OptiPlex 620 windows XP 32bit for the DTHCII. If it was a Star-Lab they can use virtually any PC with the new MarkIV THC.

stillworkin
09-12-2014, 01:47 PM
I tired to send you a PM but it says your inbox is full. My email is martin_fountain@yahoo.com thanks for all the help!

jeepsr4ever
09-12-2014, 01:51 PM
Ok, and I cleared out my inbox

stillworkin
09-12-2014, 02:20 PM
Thanks, PM sent!

stillworkin
06-10-2015, 06:32 AM
not sure if you had a chance to send the license keys to me or not. I don't recall receiving an email from you, although I don't know what email you'd be using to search for it. if you could send it to me at: martin_fountain@yahoo.com that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Martin Fountain

jeepsr4ever
06-10-2015, 10:48 AM
Martin you may need to buy a new mach 3 license and a new sheetcam license. You are the 2nd owner of the machine and we don't have any info on the first owner. Who was the first owner?

stillworkin
10-19-2015, 04:02 PM
The First owner was Jamey Jordan @ Handmade Seat Co.

Thanks,
Martin Fountain

jeepsr4ever
10-20-2015, 07:39 AM
Martin you will need to buy a new seat of Mach and Sheetcam.

Bulltear Ad