PDA

View Full Version : Jeep stroker pistons question

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

optmax
01-23-2015, 01:04 AM
I plan to order you custom inline 6 pistons for my Jeep stroker project very soon, and I have a question about your wait time. Is the wait time still about 3 weeks? I only ask because I've read online that it can vary, and it can be much longer than that. I'm excited to order you product and I hope that it's available to order, and it seems that a few more were referred here. So, I'm just wondering what the wait time would be so that I can make the necessary plans. Thanks!

jeepsr4ever
01-24-2015, 08:20 AM
Forgings are in stock. To obtain custom pistons engineering, setup and inspection must be done. These typically take about 3 days but must be scheduled. Their is an extra fee for an expedited 7 day order on these pistons. Depending on the workload and the time of year (folk build motors before race season). Wait times may vary. I take it this would be the first time you ordered custom pistons. Don't sweat the details we need just the basics from you and do the rest of the math.

optmax
01-24-2015, 10:06 AM
Yes it is my first ordering custom pistons haha, but I got the specs I need. Awesome, hopefully I'll be putting in an order later today or sometime next week. People have been saying good stuff about these pistons and have been referring stroker builders here so this is great. Thanks!

optmax
01-25-2015, 12:18 AM
I just placed my order, and I'm feeling pretty good cause I know that this is the right way to go for my stroker build. I already had the KB 944s and all of the parts needed to take to the machine shop when I decided to stop and consider ordering from you guys. I didn't want to be left wondering after putting everything together.

optmax
01-26-2015, 01:20 AM
Also, it only gave me one option for shipping on checkout and that was the Table rate. I didn't see an option for the expedited shipping.

jeepsr4ever
01-26-2015, 10:16 AM
You will get a call confirming information from Matt or Joe.

optmax
01-31-2015, 07:21 AM
Ok. When should I be expecting their call? I'm usually working Monday through Saturday.

jeepsr4ever
02-01-2015, 10:51 AM
Joe said he had all the info needed but was asking if you wanted to pay for expediting or not.

optmax
02-02-2015, 01:15 AM
Yeah I think I would want to pay for the expedited shipping. I'm just curious on how much more it will be since I already paid for the table rate, I might have to put it on another card though. Let me know if we can set something up through my account here cause it's hard for me to answer my phone at work sometimes, and if not just leave a message and I'll call you guys back. Here's my order number that should have all of my info like my phone #5577. Thanks.

optmax
02-06-2015, 10:43 AM
I was wondering if you guys tried to contact me about expediting my order, and if it will be possible to put the extra fee on a separate card?

jeepsr4ever
02-06-2015, 11:04 AM
$50 for a 7-10 day and $100 for a 5 day from today. We have had limited staff on hand with all the flu crap going around. Call in if you want to expidite. I know the lead times right now on standard lead time is LONG. Meaning 3 weeks might be 3.5-5.

optmax
02-11-2015, 01:36 AM
Thanks, I was able to find some time and pay for the expedited option last Friday.

optmax
02-18-2015, 11:29 PM
Looks like my job will be sending us on a "Hiatus" starting the end of this week, so I'll have some time to work on my engine. I'm wondering on the status of my order, It's order number 5577. Thanks.

optmax
02-24-2015, 06:16 PM
I got my pistons which is awesome, but I can't seem to find where it says that they are 0.020 over. I took it to my machinist and he measured them and says that they are standard and not 0.020. I was kind of bummed to hear that, so I'm trying to find out what size they are cause I'm pretty sure I put in my comment for my order that I was going to bore my cylinder walls 0.020. Thanks.

Never mind, I got him to do more measuring and it seems we're good. I took him the 944s that I still have and they measured the same, but the book was telling him that the bore size for the 4.0 was 3.88 so he measured the walls and they were 3.87 something, I forget, but I guess we're good. He also measured the old 4.0 pistons which confirmed that my new pistons are 0.020 over because the old ones were 3.875. Anyways, forget what I said earlier.

jeepsr4ever
02-24-2015, 08:34 PM
Yes sir...there are ways to accurately measure a piston and one right way. Those pistons are the top of the line and will serve you well.

optmax
02-25-2015, 07:20 AM
Yes, they are very good looking parts and look very well made. I forgot to ask about the rings for these pistons. I have rings for 0.020 size pistons that came with the ring and bearing kit I ordered. Can I use these, or do I need a specific brand?

jeepsr4ever
02-25-2015, 09:15 AM
You can use those they are setup for stock 5/64 5/64 3/16

optmax
03-15-2015, 10:17 PM
I'm back with some questions haha. Well, I got my stuff back from the machine shop and I plan to start assembling next weekend. I just need to know how to tell which way these pistons should face because I can't find an arrow on top of the piston, and there's no quench pad. I was told to ask if they were offset also.

Another question I have are about the lock pins. Are they necessary for my Jeep stroker build? The only reason I ask is because of the warning that came with the pistons about not using them. Thanks.

jeepsr4ever
03-16-2015, 12:01 PM
If you don't have floating rods you don't use the locks. Your piston may have spec'ed out at too large a CC for a heart shaped dish. I do not know we don't get to see them before they ship. Are they merely a dish? Or is it a specific dish. If you don't know which way to install them don't install them have someone do it for you.

optmax
03-17-2015, 02:05 AM
Here's a pic, they were dished at 26 cc. I was thinking of contacting RaceTec and see what they say. I definitely will ask someone for help if I can't figure this out.435

optmax
03-21-2015, 07:40 AM
I got my answer from Racetec. Since they're not offset, I can look at the underside where the logo is, and make sure they all face the same way. Great costumer service, they responded very quickly, thanks.

lcolina
04-07-2015, 08:31 PM
Hi optmax, sorry to bother you but did you have any answer from Racetec about having to use the wire locks?

Somehow I lost mines, I dont live in USA, so I was wondering if I really needed to use them (will have to buy and ship internationally).

My pistons are offset to use with 4.0 connecting rods.

optmax
04-14-2015, 04:12 AM
Hi optmax, sorry to bother you but did you have any answer from Racetec about having to use the wire locks?

Somehow I lost mines, I dont live in USA, so I was wondering if I really needed to use them (will have to buy and ship internationally).

My pistons are offset to use with 4.0 connecting rods.

Hey lcolina, sorry I just saw your message. Here's what they told me about the locks: "If the pins press into the rods( stock method) then the locks are not needed. If the pins slide into the rods by hand ( aftermarket and racing use), you need locks." I had them pressed so I don't need the locks.

Bulltear Ad