PDA

View Full Version : gantry travel and limit switches

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

ggeh
11-02-2015, 11:11 AM
Some times I don't have my drawing located in mach-3 in the right spot and the gantry runs into the stops at the front of the table and a I also had the carriage gear run off the rack on the far right side of the table. Is there any way I can install some limit switches so when I make an error it doesn't do that. Also there is a limit switch on the left side of the gantry but it does not stop the carriage. how would I go about trouble shooting that. Thanks Gary

jeepsr4ever
11-02-2015, 12:58 PM
There are home switches but no limit switches. The system is allowed extra travel on the linear rail into a hard stop. A limit switch will not help you over travelling and will ruin a piece just like a soft limit. You have on your machine an extra 1.5"s of travel. You should be using the home switches and calling your zero off the home position. If your geometry is over your tables travel you will need to find a way to process a portion of the drawing. But first you can try a dry run or even use the window in the control software to locate the plasma torch and jog (move) it around to see if it can cut out the part without over travelling. If it over travels then you will need to reposition either your sheet or your zero and if those don't help maybe your trying to cut a piece beyond the travel of the machine.

Bulltear Ad