PDA

View Full Version : SCANANYTHING SOFTWARE

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

BodnarWelding
11-09-2015, 12:09 PM
I have uploaded the software on my computer...Is there anybody out there has done the same and have a good recommendation for they type of camera they chose to use????

jeepsr4ever
11-09-2015, 12:53 PM
This one works but might but we found it very very detailed.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0066HA1PU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

Don't forget to license your software. Basically you open your cutting software (either via mach 3 loader or Ethercut-UG) and take it out of reset. Then you open the scananything and it will take control of them machine. Youll need to turn most of the settings down. The tricky part about scan anything is that if the camera focus is too sharp it will pick up every irregularity. It is best to leave it a little fuzzy.

Tasibrett
12-01-2015, 07:00 AM
And you need to turn camera so when you move gantry
It's same on screen. I.e. Orientation x and y

Motoguy
03-16-2016, 02:37 PM
I found Scananything to be very finicky to set up initially. I actually wondered if something wasn't working correctly. As mentioned above, it needs to be properly oriented in relation to the X and Y axis. It is also very picky on lighting. Glare from shop lighting can be an issue. I use a SuperEyes B005 camera, which has an on-board LED light. I plan on building an LED "ring" light to fit around the camera, to evenly light all areas below the lens. Finding the correct settings for lighting, servo gain, and contrast can be a bit tricky. I found the best way to "see" what the program is seeing is to use the mixed camera/processor view mode. I was getting really frustrated trying to get it to work. Once I stumbled across a good setup for my situation, I was able to play with individual settings to make it work. Now I love it.

Here's a quick setup video from YouTube:

https://youtu.be/9Wlb6wgCgbY

ggeh
05-25-2016, 08:05 PM
I have the camera and scananything software loaded. I have white paper with a black dot. I can see the dot in the software and it has a blue ring around it. Theres green ring in the center of the screen. I hit run for calbiration and and my black dot with the blue ring starts rotating around the green ring in the center of the screen. With each revolution the black dot gets further from the center untill its of the screen and the calibration stops untill i bring the dot back in view of the camera. Any thoughts on what i need to do?

Thanks Gary

Thanks Gary

jeepsr4ever
05-25-2016, 10:46 PM
Your machine will never calibrate if the motion is oriented wrong. To check press the up arrow and make sure you go up, press the right arrow and make sure you go right. If you don't go the right way youll need to physically turn your camera and try again.

ggeh
05-27-2016, 04:10 PM
I turned the camera and got a little further
Im having trouble getting it calibrated. The camera locks on the green ring in the center, then the lower right, then the lower left, then a fast right, fast left and then it starts all over again. The progress screen in the lower left says

Starting calibration
1st calibration
Starting calibration
1st calibration

And it keeps repeting these two calibrations. Any thought on where im going wrong?

Thanks Gary

jeepsr4ever
05-27-2016, 07:08 PM
Once you get two to three corners STOP the calibration and try the trace.

Bulltear Ad