PDA

View Full Version : Cutting hight problem

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

ggeh
11-18-2015, 05:06 PM
I'm trying to make some brackets that are 2" square with a 1" hole in the center. It cuts the hole fine. But when it starts cutting the outside the torch doesn't maintain the .060 clearance makes contact with the steel and drags the torch out of the holder. The steel is ar500 3/8 inch. Is there some other hight control I can ad to my machine? Thanks gary

jeepsr4ever
11-18-2015, 10:51 PM
Gary you may not be even using height control. If you used the holes rule for the hole did you remember to shut it off for the outside? Are you cutting too slow on the outside? Cut height with torch height control is dictated ONLY by preset tip volts. And that will only work if your cut speed is proper. You can find out what tip volts you are using in your tool in sheetcam. If your dragging you need more tip volts. There is a place in the run screen you can set your tip volts to. BUT I would guess since this is a new venture that there is another setting that is not right. Check your operations that you did and if you need help send your G-code to Orderbulltear@yahoo.com and we will look at it for possible errors. Or call in to talk with someone 1-651-433-3689 (9-5), we will get you going right away.

ggeh
11-19-2015, 09:27 AM
all that makes sense because I slowed the cut speed way down to 25ipm trying to get a better cut. when I used the recommended speed i had areas that the torch didn't cut though in some areas. so I thought slower was better. what threw mew off was i would run the program with the plasma unit turned off and it and it didn't do that.

jeepsr4ever
11-19-2015, 01:50 PM
If it isn't cutting through all the way you should verify the consumables and amperage and pierce delay. You cant really cheat the system and tell it to cut at a certain voltage reading then slow it down to a crawl. Was that a powermax 65?

ggeh
11-19-2015, 03:49 PM
powermax 85 is what I'm using. Your right the consumables were burned and deformed. I just assumed it didnt cut though in spots because of the hardened steel ar500. don't know if that makes any difference or not. my holes on the back side were distorted to. I'll try again later. Thanks for taken the time to help me out. You know it was just yesterday I couldn't spell CNC Plasma table and today I'm trying to use one.
Thanks again for all your help, Gary

jeepsr4ever
11-19-2015, 04:32 PM
Plasma burns so hot it doesn't care if the steel is heat treated or not. The transformation a CNC Plasma makes to a person or business is awesome to watch.

Bulltear Ad