PDA

View Full Version : Torch cutting too high

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

wheatfarmer
02-21-2016, 02:52 PM
I have a new bulltear table using a hypertherm 45. My torch is trying to cut way too high. I have it set to pierce at .15 and cut at .06. I am trying to cut 1/4 material and it cuts the first couple inches fine then raises up higher and won't cut all the way through. I am new to this and can't figure it out. THC is on. Cutting 45 ipm. Preset volts 137. It does this on other thickness of metal too. The volts are staying pretty close to the 137 and the torch is moving up and down during the cut so I think the THC is working. Any suggestions on where to start looking?
Thanks

jeepsr4ever
02-21-2016, 08:15 PM
If you go to sheetcam/file/load toolset and load from file '2015 things that should be on every cnc PC'/sheetcam support/toolsets/Hypertherm 45 does the 1/4 steel tip volt preset still have 132 preset volts? Your target is most likely around 120 tip volts. You can change it on the fly be pressing the voltage up arrow right from your run screen. There is an 'up' and a 'down' arrow for adjusting preset tip volts while your running. Tip volts sets cut height no matter what your initial cut height is set to. Once you establish a good working tip voltage note the difference then make a change to the tools you have in sheetcam. Then in sheetcam go to file/save default tool set and your changes will be set for anything you process after that.

Bulltear Ad