PDA

View Full Version : cutting a bevel

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

ggeh
03-31-2016, 01:11 PM
I would like to make a anvil for a press brake. is it possible to set up my plasma table to cut a bevel on a piece of 1 inch thick stock about 20 inches long?
Thanks, Gary

jeepsr4ever
03-31-2016, 01:32 PM
I would like to make a anvil for a press brake. is it possible to set up my plasma table to cut a bevel on a piece of 1 inch thick stock about 20 inches long?
Thanks, Gary

Yes there is a angular cut attachment coming out shortly

ggeh
03-31-2016, 02:32 PM
Yes there is a angular cut attachment coming out shortly

I have the 4x4 star-lab plasma table. Do you have any more info on angular cut attachment such as availability date, cost?
Thanks, Gary

jeepsr4ever
03-31-2016, 02:56 PM
We will have info next week on it. BUT be warned that cutting at an angle ESPECIALLY at one inch thick means you are cutting much thicker than one inch and your plasma cutter may not make the cut. If you could cut so your cutting half that one inch then flipping it for the 90 degree angle on a die then you could use a powermax 86.

ggeh
04-01-2016, 08:37 AM
I would be cutting half as i would be making a point on that one end.

ggeh
06-02-2016, 12:42 PM
We will have info next week on it. BUT be warned that cutting at an angle ESPECIALLY at one inch thick means you are cutting much thicker than one inch and your plasma cutter may not make the cut. If you could cut so your cutting half that one inch then flipping it for the 90 degree angle on a die then you could use a powermax 86.

Did you get any more info on the angular cut attachment for the plasma table?

Bulltear Ad