PDA

View Full Version : Unknown symbol on Hypertherm PowerMax 65 LCD display

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

djreiswig
07-16-2016, 08:27 PM
I am having some cutting issues with my hypertherm 65 on a CNC table. I have the CPC port as well as the RS-485 port connected.

I see the keypad icon on the screen, but I also have a symbol to the right of the keypad that is a circle with a slash through it. It appears to be a not symbol, but what is it indicating? I cannot find it in the book or online.

Thanks.

Cross posted here.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/shop-tools/2358866-unknown-symbol-hypertherm-lcd.html#post37549882

jeepsr4ever
07-18-2016, 07:14 AM
First thing is to unplug everything from the plasma and cycle the power. See if you still get any error codes. I believe the circle with the slash means manual air mode.

djreiswig
07-18-2016, 08:53 AM
I've unplugged everything and let if sit for a couple of minutes. When I power it back on with all of the extra cables unplugged, I still see the symbol on the screen. I'm wondering if it is showing that the RS-485 port is installed. I was hoping Jim Colt would see this. I guess he is the Hypertherm expert around here.

jeepsr4ever
07-18-2016, 04:18 PM
There is a secret menu on the Hypertherm. Maybe I should PM you that info

djreiswig
07-18-2016, 07:03 PM
The one that shows the settings and error codes?

Already found it. I didn't notice anything in there that looked odd. Is there a certain setting that you want me to check?

I wonder why they would put an icon on the LCD and then not document it somewhere.

djreiswig
07-20-2016, 10:26 AM
Okay. I called HT and Jason was very helpful. That symbol is for a feature that is not used on the 65 & 85. It is a consumable life indicator. He said it tracks the voltage on the 105 and will tell you when the consumables are used up.
There is a way to disable this feature on the higher amp machines. They use the same control board on the lower amp machines, so the symbol is indicating that the feature is disabled. I guess it was always there and I just didn't notice.

I suggested that maybe if the do another manual revision that it should be noted that the feature is not available. He agreed.

Thanks for the assistance.

jeepsr4ever
07-20-2016, 07:48 PM
Well there are rumors about that being added to the 85 and smaller as well as a new all in one consumable.

djreiswig
07-20-2016, 08:04 PM
The guy at hypertherm said some people don't like the consumable life indicator because it will force you to replace it by ceasing to cut. Hence the ability to turn it off.

I got a survey about the all in one consumable. I'm not sure I'd like that. I seem to wreck a few nozzles before I change the electrode.

Bulltear Ad