PDA

View Full Version : Mach 3 Problems

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Mav68erick
08-07-2016, 10:36 AM
Today i go out to the and attempt to load Mach 3. Used it 3 days ago, computer is not hooked up to internet at all. Well Mach 3 crashed with some sort of mach 4 error. Long story short wouldnt load. Did a system restore back a few days ago when it worked and the Mach 3 load screen is back to default. I go through my old setup manuals and cannot get the motors to move with my jog keys. The XYZ numbers on mach DRO move but not the motors. Heres the funny part if i open the router loader they move. Ive even copied the Motor inputs from there and still no movement. Not to mention in router move the jog rate is slow even though motor tuning matches my set up files. Really frustrated, had my plasma cutter sit for almost 3 years after moving and working on shop house etc. finally get it up and runnin and do a job for someone just a few days ago no problem. Have no idea where my mach3 license info is anymore and really cant afford to reinstall it. unless theres somewhere in the mach 3 where I can go and read what it is.

Im using the CandCNC ESPII version, and have mach3 loaded with one of the MP-3000 load screens no idea if one or the other matters, tried them all. Look the same and no movement.

jeepsr4ever
08-08-2016, 08:13 AM
Mach license located in c:mach3 directory it is called Mach1lic.dat. A crash usually means there is something wrong with the PC. You can try reinstalling the cabling and restarting the PC to see if that makes a change.

Mav68erick
08-08-2016, 05:11 PM
thanks, i copied it, and also put it on my portable hard drive.

Got it reinstalled, then going back through set up I needed a file from CandCnC so I downloaded this

MasterInstaller X Legacy
Menu driven auto-installer for OLDER units prior to 4/15/14

"Use for Bladerunner (Before 4/15/14) ; MP3000 (shipped before 4/15/14). MP3100 Router or plasma; Plazpak, Routerpak, USB485 Hub and Rotary Plasma installs No other updates needed.
This version contains the latest screens and profiles for MACH3 I Use this to do an inital install or update if you have installed with a previous Master Installer or older install file AND you Bladerunner or MP3000 was shipped prior to 4/15/14. Units before that date used UBOB III rev 14 and older cards and have a different MACH profile and drivers. Units shipped after 4/15/14 have UBOB III rev 15 or later cards. That includes all MP3500 and all EtherCut products. USE THE MASTER INSTALLER X (10) above for those"

Went ahead and dropped my license in, must work beacuase its license to bull tear buncha numbers, and goes past 100 and 1000 lines of code dunno what the demo limits to but it read a tap file of almost 10000. I tuned my motors based on my old setup info, turned axis A to slave rebooted and everthing seems to work. The Load scren looks different and the THC icon is froze on. and when i click it script error. So i changed load screen. Neither screens do the cut profile buttons work. I never could get DTHC to work so atleast I know i can cut stuff atm. I do need to reference my Z and change that in the Sheetcam Post processor as it sees to be off, but i was off before.

Technologys nice, but when it doesnt work it sucks, and when you dont have internet on the desktop thats 100 feet from the house it sucks walking back and fourth.

The Files from CandCNC must be updated and auto installs certain things, because its different from the old way I did it 5 Years ago. It just would be nice to get the THC to work someday

jeepsr4ever
08-09-2016, 05:26 AM
The MP3000 is one of the most simple THCs in the world. You can set your THC delay in Mach (settings tab) and your tip volts on your program run page. Beyond that your looking at (THC rate) and grounding the frame of the machine. IF you have nto been using your THC you have been missing out!!

Bulltear Ad