PDA

View Full Version : Bumping up the table accel settings

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Motoguy
09-21-2016, 04:31 PM
Matt,

When I purchased my table, it was set with an accel setting of 30 (or 32). I'm curious how much higher I can bump this, without causing damage. I'd like to find something to work with the CV settings to create better angles, and reduce node dwell when zipping past a node on a cut (on thinner materials). I'm cutting a ton of 14g, and would like to try some 16/18/22ga for a few projects. CV seems to be a stopgap fix for accel settings/issues. I currently have CV set to .09 dist tolerance, and stop on angles >60 degrees.

I've been experimenting, and I have the X, Y, A accels up to 45 now. Steps are not being lost, based on all the files cutting correctly. Corners seem to be much more "on line" with the drawing, even with the same CV setting. What are the downsides to experimenting with these settings? Will parts be damaged, or will I simply start losing steps at a certain threshold?

Also, just to confirm...X, Y, A steps per are 2293, Z step per is 10000, correct? I have not messed with the Z settings thus far, so they are set at the standard 150ipm/30s^2 accel in the Mach motor tuning screen.

Thanks!

jeepsr4ever
09-21-2016, 10:04 PM
You can go very high with acceleration. We can run as high as 60 with a servo system...BUT increased acceleration is hard on things. Once you get above the 50 range on a 6x12. For instance a big $500,000.00 table runs 15ips^2. Relying on your rates alone is typically not good enough. Using CV settings is the best way to control tolerances.

SO...for starters.... Go to Mach3/Config/General config and check mark the 'Stop on CV angles' and put in a number 89 in the box. This will make an exact stop on angles greater than 89 degrees and the anti dive will keep the torch at its cut height. This is a rock solid method to 450ipm cut speed.

Bulltear Ad