PDA

View Full Version : torch z travel doesnt stop

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

ggeh
11-29-2016, 04:19 PM
torch travel doesn't stop when it contacts surface, I have to stop it manually. what should I look for to correct this? Thanks Gary

jeepsr4ever
11-29-2016, 07:23 PM
Gary depending on which Z axis system you have

OHMIC... tip makes contact with the plate to close the ohmic circuit. Make sure it complete the circuit. Clean or replace your shield. You can also go to the diagnostics tab in Mach and short the tip with a wrench to the table that should show up as Z home. The little feather touch module should have a yellow light for power and an orange for Z home (ohmic sense) (Ohmic and Proton Z axis)

Floating head...tip makes contact with the plate and continues to travel and a secondary slide depresses a switch. The switch will show up in the diagnostics tab as Z home. Check there. If it isn't showing up it could be a bad switch or could be a short in the Z home switch wire.

ggeh
11-29-2016, 10:48 PM
Well i didnt get a chance to try what you said because now i cant get any movement x,y, or z. Mach3 screen shows movement in x,y,& z but the gantry doesnt move. What do i check now?

ggeh
11-30-2016, 04:29 PM
I have a floating head type. I followed the Z home switch wire back to the control box circuit board. I disconnected the black and red z switch wires from the circuit board and I have continuity when I push up on the torch holder and an open when I let the holder back down. So I have determined that the switch and the wire are good to the circuit board. what do i look for next? Thanks Gary

jeepsr4ever
11-30-2016, 04:44 PM
Check to see if the Z home light comes on and off when you push up on the z axis inside the control box. There is a light where the wires go. Also check to see if your mach license became corrupted. Go to my computer and C;/Mach 3 directory and see if the file Mach1lic.dat is in there

jeepsr4ever
11-30-2016, 04:45 PM
If the Mach license because corrupt we can send you a fresh one. That may be the case. Will need your email

ggeh
11-30-2016, 05:29 PM
The file is there. In the control box the Z home light comes on when I push up on the torch but very very dim compared to the other three lights that are on. Is the Z home light supposed to come on when I push because the other home lights are lit very bright until I push their homing switches and they then go off. Thanks Gary

After sent this last message, I when back to the table and pushed up on the torch and the Z home light came on bright like the others. When I checked the wire and the switch I just checked for continuity I didn't check the ohms on it. Ill replace the wire and the switch. Is the switch and the wire something I purchase through you or somewhere else?

jeepsr4ever
11-30-2016, 07:23 PM
Before you do anything go to diagnostics and push up on your Z axis and see if the Zhome comes on

ggeh
11-30-2016, 07:52 PM
Went to diagnostics and raised up on the torch and I get Zhome light. I then ran a g-code and the torch worked as it should. Thanks for all your help with the trouble shooting, I can get some sleep tonight now. I still want to replace that switch and wire. Thanks, Gary

Bulltear Ad