PDA

View Full Version : torch fires as soon as i press run

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

ggeh
12-01-2016, 12:51 PM
torch fires as soon as i press run. it stays fired when its traveling to next cut. I did a dry run with out the plasma cutter on and it looks good. when I turn the plasma cutter on it fires at the wrong times. Thanks Gary

jeepsr4ever
12-01-2016, 02:16 PM
Did you change any ports and pins? Sound like you toggled an output.

ggeh
12-01-2016, 02:48 PM
If I did I didn't know I did it. Where do I look? Would this be better if I either send or bring the computer and the controller up to you and and you can fix what ever is not working right, do you do that sort of thing?

jeepsr4ever
12-01-2016, 04:27 PM
Go to config/ports and pins and output settings and click the 4th column for output #1 in the active low column.

ggeh
12-01-2016, 06:08 PM
made the torch fire opposite of normal. fired when torch light off and off when torch lights on. I set the port back like it was, unchecked active low column. do you have a list or chart for all of these ports and settings when you set a machine up that I could check through and quit tying you up with this stuff?

Just one other thing each time I open mach3 I have to go to motor tuning and click ok to get the x,y,& z drives to work otherwise nothing moves.

jeepsr4ever
12-01-2016, 07:33 PM
When you lost power you must have damaged your Mach. I suggest you send your PC in for a reboot.

Use this address

Bulltear
24543 Olinda Trail N
Scandia MN 55073

jeepsr4ever
12-08-2016, 11:08 AM
Well Gary here is what we found

1. All the plug ins were enabled including the ones for the systems that don't use Ethernet.

This makes it so the Hub for DTHCIV, a RS232 (which you don't use) and UBOBIII which you don't use are all trying to use torch height control at the same time. I don't know if you did that or if some how magically all the options for plug ins turned on.

2. Your windows defender was active

This can stop and encrypt the DTHCIV signals to the control box and back and cause random jitters and stop the PC from controlling the table. This also can cause a lot of trouble mixed with all the plug ins turned on.

What did we do

1. Turned on only the plug ins that should be on
2. Disabled Windows defender (sometimes this gets turned on when you add a secondary network like the network listed in your network locations...don't do it)
3. Tested the machine and it fired and moved well
4. Updated the HUB firmware (You will need to call in for a quick update to your firmware when your at the table)

PC is ready to come back to you

ggeh
12-08-2016, 07:16 PM
Thank you Matt and the rest of the men that helped fix my screw up. I wont touch anything again I promise. How much I owe you for the fix and shipping?

jeepsr4ever
12-09-2016, 08:31 AM
Just the shipping fee

ggeh
12-10-2016, 03:06 PM
Hi Matt not clear on something, did you ship it or do I need to do something before you ship it?

jeepsr4ever
12-13-2016, 03:48 PM
Yes it is shipped. You will need to pay the shipping charges. And next time please don't go into the configuration and check all the boxes...LOL.

ggeh
12-13-2016, 04:28 PM
I'm truly thankful all your help I know I can be a pain in the butt, so thanks for taking the time with me. I ran a separate circuit for the compressor so that should fix the breaker tripping problem. When I get the pc back and hooked up should I not turn it on till I talk to you about the firmware update?

jeepsr4ever
12-13-2016, 05:10 PM
Yes call in

Bulltear Ad