PDA

View Full Version : sheetcam plate marker

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

ggeh
04-24-2017, 06:48 PM
what post processor do I need in sheetcam to run plate marker/scribe? I see some there but not sure if they are the right ones.

jeepsr4ever
04-24-2017, 07:17 PM
The standard post you are using will work. You may have a tool (Tool 101) that may be an air scribe already.

ggeh
04-25-2017, 01:05 PM
The standard post you are using will work. You may have a tool (Tool 101) that may be an air scribe already.

I was trying to find the right processor to enter the offsets in so I can run the scribe and then the torch.

jeepsr4ever
04-26-2017, 12:21 PM
The post you have been using for flat cutting also control the scribe. So if you go to Sheetcam/Options/Machine/Post processor/edit then put in these offsets for the scribe.

X -14.265
Y -59.18
Z 10.

ggeh
04-26-2017, 01:40 PM
The post you have been using for flat cutting also control the scribe. So if you go to Sheetcam/Options/Machine/Post processor/edit then put in these offsets for the scribe.

X -14.265
Y -59.18
Z 10.

Ok i found it and got the x and y done but have some trouble geting z offset perfect. X and y seems good but z is either to low or high. Maybe im not doing it right to get the correct mesurement. I drop the torch down and make contact with the plate and zero z in mach. Raise the torch engage the air slide scribe and then lower the z travel till the scribe contacts the plate. Take that measurement change to mm and enter that number in the post processor. Am i doing that correctly?

Thanks gary

jeepsr4ever
04-27-2017, 09:27 AM
The air cylinder on the scribe is what sets the Z depth. Youll never be able to use an air scribe that is rigid mounted without a slide and air cylinder and a torch at the same time.

ggeh
04-29-2017, 08:17 AM
The air cylinder on the scribe is what sets the Z depth. Youll never be able to use an air scribe that is rigid mounted without a slide and air cylinder and a torch at the same time.

I have a 4x4 bulltear table, using sheetcam, and mach3 . the control box is a candcnc espII-A. I have a floating head with a magnetic mount for the torch and a the scribe is on a air slide that is on a rigid mount on the Z plate floating head. I'm not sure if I built it right cant seem to find a lot of pictures or descriptions on this.

Thanks gary608609610611612

jeepsr4ever
04-30-2017, 07:53 AM
When you boil it down you only need 1 5 way valve and 2 regulators. Your post is not set up to turn on both outputs at the same time.

Bulltear Ad