PDA

View Full Version : New to the Jeep World

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Fordran95
12-20-2002, 03:07 AM
I bought a 1974 CJ-5 rust bucket in September and reworked it. Now I have a really nice CJ-5 with a 258 and a 3-spd. I just wanted to touch base with someone who has experience with this motor and trans. and maybe get some suggestions on swaps or upgrades. The motor has a 1 barrell carb and seems to run good. The only leak was a vavle cover gasket which was fixed for about $6.00. I have just started driving it again and have noticed a puddle under the trans. I will be using the jeep to get to work in the snow and just piddle around in. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

jeepsr4ever
12-20-2002, 08:34 AM
are you talking engine oil, sound like a rear main, i will be offering a kit to do it yourself change the rear main, its pretty easy but can be hairy if you've never done it, dont dispair if you need help changing it out, maybe we can talk beer>>>> :)

cj7madness85
12-20-2002, 11:21 AM
hey jeeps lets talk beer my rear main is leaking too and i need a change, the dang thing was recently rebuilt tooo................sucks

jeepsr4ever
02-19-2003, 07:04 AM
H ey 7 come on over i will change it out for a 12-pack, make sure you get a oil pan gasket and rear main seal though......

TRACTOR
04-11-2003, 09:33 AM
Hey MC, I suggest you charge four beers for every bolt. Muhahaahahaha

Bulltear Ad