PDA

View Full Version : Dana 60's

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

jeepsr4ever
12-22-2002, 08:40 PM
Has anybody seen or used a 40spline axle for dana 60 or ford 9", I cant seem to locate a locker, all i find are spools

cjmike67
12-10-2003, 08:36 PM
I think the reason there are no lockers for these axles is that the ones that need 40 spline strenght are the 1/4 mile cars . The spool is much more predicatable on the line for launching the car and thus the after market goes for the demand and supply thing ! Only an idea for what its worth ? The 1/4 mile car that i sponsorerd up here in B.C. used the detroit with 35 spline axles and took it out for the 40 spline spool setup for a straighter launch!

jeepsr4ever
12-10-2003, 09:04 PM
your right, i now have seen 46 spline 60 shafts

Lifted79CJ7
12-14-2003, 06:27 PM
I read an article on a rock crawler rig that was running 40 spline shafts and I think ARB's. He had to custom alter the locker from a 35 spline version. I can take a look at home once I get off work if you want. He was running 40 spline from hub to hub :shock: in both the front and rear. Pretty beefy stuff. It's just a metter of time before the after market starts making this stuff, I think. The only thing I have ever seen are spools myself. I think that guy did a lot of the work himself and the axles still cost him 10 grand or something like that. But hey, you know he is never gonna break them! Iam thinking about going the Superior Super 44 kit instead of going Dana 60 myelf. I just haven't decided yet. Course I do have a line on a front dodge dana 60 / rear 70 with 4.56's for $1200 that just need new bearings and seals. Hmmm, decisioins, decisions!!
Jack

Bulltear Ad