PDA

View Full Version : f150 ext cab 4x4

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

mrtazwrench
01-20-2003, 09:37 PM
1990, 5.0 auto, engine bad, some performance parts, many newer suspension parts, some rust. would like to get $1700 for it.

jeepsr4ever
01-21-2003, 06:50 AM
whats up with the engine, ive rebuilt a 302 in a day, can you give more details, rods bad, bad rings, head craked....ect?

mrtazwrench
01-21-2003, 09:27 PM
it's terminal, lost oil pressure on the way home last summer, locked -up toast, dont really need it fixed that bad, if it doesn't sell i may do something with it later, but i have a second 4x4 that the wife drives, i like that my toyota gets 35mpg and have enough parts to keep it going for another 200k, and my dad lives next door has an old dodge p.u. that i use to haul stuff. if the ford does go i'll try to put together one of my full size jeeps for a work truck/toy, have about enough parts for a cherokee, need a few things to make a j20. anyway back to the ford engine, intake is off it's a edelbrock for 5.0 truck, thought i had it sold to a coworker but he never showed up with any money, has world products windsor heads, had them at machine shop 2 years ago and checked out, crane comp-u-cam but probally wiped out due do loosing oil pressure.

jeepsr4ever
01-22-2003, 06:27 AM
do you think you had excessive bearing clearance and spun a bearing so you got low oil pressure before she locked up? it does have a performer intake though, i might be interested in the core, heck i might even have a good 302 for you, i will check inventory (BACKYARD :) ) LOL yeah what a bummer hopefully she was paidoff by the time it BLEW!!

mrtazwrench
01-22-2003, 03:51 PM
lost oil pressure, only had factory guage and had failed before, i shut everything off and it wasn't making noise yet, but after a coupple of miles it did, ended in a cloud of smoke. haven't tore down enough yet to see why it lost pressure, just have the intake off and started to pull the heads before it got cold out.

jeepsr4ever
01-22-2003, 10:48 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: a half naked engine in the cold!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll:

mrtazwrench
01-23-2003, 08:34 PM
and deceased also. oh well.

jeepsr4ever
01-23-2003, 10:22 PM
h :lol: ey never deceased only need TLC..LOL

mrtazwrench
01-24-2003, 09:46 PM
time and money, and a warm place to work also helpfull. my work area tied up with a tempo with engine removed right now, have engine located, just need time and money for that too, or i'd sell that as is also 92 4dr clean body 79k miles. when you turn wrenches all day you just don't feel like doing it all night too sometimes.

jeepsr4ever
01-27-2003, 07:10 AM
yeah i agree, when i was in the shop every day i couldnt think of one thing to make, but all my buddy's did...LOL you know how it goes

Bulltear Ad