PDA

View Full Version : A question for you guys

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Trusty258
02-14-2003, 08:35 PM
Ive been looking at Warn's Hub conversion for the 84 and newer XJs and 87 and newer Wranglers, (you may know that as stock they are non serviceable and non greasable) My Eagles Utilize the same hubs as stock YJs and XJs. I Want Serviceable hubs Very badly. Anyways, I Emailed the Guys at Warn and they meiled me back to call them. They said, that The tech guy has never enven heard of anyone asking about this application/idea before. -Theyre prolly enjoying a good laugh on my behalf-
Anyways, I was thinking about crossbreeding a UJoint Yoke onto a CV joint so I could use a Spicer 260 or 297 Ujoint and Lockout hubs that are serviceable on my Eagle (and run a front locker and a LS in the rear)

I'll see if i can get a picture up of my idea. -Here we go http://www.geocities.com/trusty258/random.html

Jesse

jeepsr4ever
02-16-2003, 12:50 PM
sounds feasable maybe you could make it work, but im sure the ujoint is going to be stronger than the cv

Trusty258
02-16-2003, 04:11 PM
I would be shocked if a spicer 260 wasnt about twice as strong as the CV, but I hope on breaking traction way before I blow anything else up. I mean, Look at what some of the Riceburners are doing with FWD cars, If you can smoke 225 40 r16s, and not blow stuff up, I dont think my 220 ft lbs through an automatic running at a maximum 30x9s will be a problem.

I jsut wanted to run this by some people before I wnet ahead and started doing stupid things. like hacking up my CV axles and building some custom shafts. I was worried about the way the shaft would accell-decel, the way that CVjoints are desighned not to do.

Thanks
Jesse

jeepsr4ever
02-16-2003, 04:36 PM
sounds almost like a very hi maintenance axle shaft!

Trusty258
02-17-2003, 08:55 PM
Hmmmm, well I think Id rather try it and have to fix it from time to time than spend the 300 bucks each time I need a Hub replaced. -Well, now its not 300 bucks cause I can do it myself now- But Its still not serviceable. and thats what gets me wound up. I gotta either go to jeep and buy the whole new assembly or take it to a machine shop and have them rebuild the *@#!%$
I gotta at least try. Maybe its a good excuse to get a wrangler.

Jesse

jeepsr4ever
02-18-2003, 09:08 AM
hey jess need any parts for that car?

Trusty258
02-18-2003, 10:11 PM
Parts???? Iv got plenty of them- in the form of Four more of them. Or Three- depending on how you look at it. Ive got a driver and a beater, and three parts cars, all of them are projects.

I need a Jeep like I need a hole in the head, but Id rather not keep folding up Lower control arms.

Jesse

jeepsr4ever
02-18-2003, 10:21 PM
yeah maybe i shouldve asked if your parts bin had 4 wheels...LOL

Bulltear Ad