PDA

View Full Version : i wish our ujoints were as easy as these

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

jeepsr4ever
04-04-2003, 05:18 PM
I am installing a semi ujoint and thinking.........DOOOOHHH why dont they make axle joint all with end bolt on caps??????????? Those dang joints bolt right in and can be installed in 5mn...wouldnt that be nice???????

mrtazwrench
04-04-2003, 09:59 PM
yep, I remember those from when I had a job maintaining charter busses while in trade school, my body is shot now that's why I'm at the toyota dealer now, the parts are a lot lighter.

jeepsr4ever
04-07-2003, 04:43 PM
LOL thats pretty good taz....... I heard toyota uses the crosshairs off a red rider bb gun scope for a rear ujoint........But ...aaaaaaaaaa they do run forever, hey can you get me a drivers fender and a hood and hood latch for a 94 corolla 4dr?

mrtazwrench
04-08-2003, 06:46 AM
yep they run along time if they dont rust away, for the parts i'd check car-part.com

Floridajeeper
06-14-2003, 09:01 PM
I just put all new joints in my CJ7 and I said basically the same thing...I used to be a driveline tech...and I had told someone; "Believe it or not...the big truck joints are way easier!"

:D

jeepsr4ever
06-15-2003, 11:04 AM
yeah your not kidding, I wa pulling a joint the other day and the end of the cap broke off, that thing was fused in there, took a torch and she just fell out............DOH!! i think they are dana spicer 1850c

Floridajeeper
09-28-2003, 01:05 PM
And we always pasted anti-sieze on the cap surfaces...so any that came back into our shop we a breeze to get back out!
:wink:

Bulltear Ad