PDA

View Full Version : Scout 44 Fronts

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Trusty258
04-18-2003, 08:31 PM
Ok, Ive heard conflicting information are scout Dana 44 outers that same as Jeep Dana 30 outer (knuckles) are scout 44 fronts weaker than *example* J truck 44 fronts?

Thanks in advance

Jesse

jeepsr4ever
04-23-2003, 03:56 PM
here is what i know

scout 44 outers fit dana 30 jeep front ends, scout 44 brakes SUCK, scout 44 turning radius SUCKS, scout 44 caster angle Junk for cj, If i was going with a dana 44 front i would run a waggie front, i might even have one left over you could have for a song. Or maybe a scout front, i dunno need to check the ol' pile.......LOL Really though a scout 44 front isnt the worst thing you could use, ive seen them in more than one jeep swapped successfully, a good friend of mine uses a scout 44 front with 4:56's and a detroit, its a trail rig, but it rocks!! What do you plan to do with the swapped front??

Trusty258
04-23-2003, 08:12 PM
run it in my scout 8)

I got a scout Chassis for free, complete except for most of the body. most of the firewall and the floor section for the front two seats is there. the engine is frozen but im not sure of how badly. either way, there is decent slant four only twenty feet away, and I;m only ten bucks away from owning that and the rest of the rust around it.
IS there anything that can be done about the poor turnig radius?

Jesse

Bulltear Ad