PDA

View Full Version : Score!

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Trusty258
09-26-2003, 06:35 PM
A week ago, i bought a bell-Transmission-xfer assembly for $50, not really knowing what the hell it was (i had plans for using it in an improvised tractor) I didnt know what it was or what it came out of until i put the wire brush to it. This is where Jesse really started smiling. Turns out its of ford origin. Cast iron Bellhousing. FoMoCo cast into is behind the Starter boss. Wire brush te case. Big ol' NP castings jumpin out on the alu. cover an iron case. WOOHOO ---435!!! Next is the weird part. the transfer is a Dana oddball. A D21. I threw an AMC6 bell on it. perfect fit. input is flush with the edge of the bell. Bought a shifter for the 435 today $5. at worst, ive got a decent core to overhaul and throw adapters on an other Dana xfers... the 21s got bigger yokes too. 1350(?) series? Im happy. for 55 bucks it think i got a screamin deal on a 435.
I need some axles now then i visit the steel shop :twisted:

Jesse

Toy Maker
09-27-2003, 06:45 AM
4sp with D21 was the standard, basic unit for 73-76 1/2 F100. Single speed case, drivers side drop, fragile for big engines/tires in full size, should be alright in something lite. Trans worth the $50 if its good.

Trusty258
09-27-2003, 07:04 AM
Can we define big power an tires? 360s and 33s are the biggest things im around on a regular basis. I plan on an AMC6 or GM 4banger with 32-33 inch tires with locked F+R.
he axles Will be locked, but my tire choice depends on the axles i end up using. I may go for 35s if i end up using my 14bolt.

Jesse

Bulltear Ad