PDA

View Full Version : Cherokee springs

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

W.T.Sumner
10-22-2003, 12:31 AM
I noticed that the front springs in a cherokee are onley a couple inches longer than the front springs on my cj7 . has anyone ever tried using them on a cj? I want to do a shackle reversal and thought the wider springs might make it handle better.

jeepsr4ever
10-22-2003, 12:41 AM
sure lots of guys have done it, teh rear is the same length as a chevy blazer, you could run a chevy 10" lift kit in your cj if you have the purches set up!!

Mudrat
10-22-2003, 01:19 PM
sure lots of guys have done it, teh rear is the same length as a chevy blazer, you could run a chevy 10" lift kit in your cj if you have the purches set up!!
Where do you find or file all this stuff!!! :shock: Is there a book? If not there should be!! I can see a mongo-cross reference guide in the making. Between you and Fuzz there is a lot of useful info for us neophytes :lol:

'Rat

jeepsr4ever
10-22-2003, 03:45 PM
LOL Thanks! Yeah their are a couple of lurkers here that really know thier stuff!

Elliott
10-26-2003, 05:38 PM
Where do you find or file all this stuff!!! :shock: Is there a book? If not there should be!! I can see a mongo-cross reference guide in the making. Between you and Fuzz there is a lot of useful info for us neophytes :lol:

'Rat
Go to Rancho's site, check out their index and go into specifications... it's a little tricky getting there but when you get on the right page in the catalog (171) all the specs are layed out. You have to cross ref the Rancho # with what you find for lift springs in the catalog to determine which vehicle it came out of.
The specs aren't real current for late models far as I can tell.
Rancho RS440044 is the spring from Waggies usually gets stuffed in CJ/Wranglers. :wink:

pyagid
10-26-2003, 05:56 PM
44044 are either 2 ro 4" waggy lift springs which end up giving a CJ or YJ about 6-8" of lift i believe. And then with a SOA you will have a huge jeep

78304CJ-7
10-31-2003, 12:25 PM
Does rancho make a stock replacement waggy spring? That way only getting about 1" lift on a YJ I think. Now with a CJ it might actually drop it down som as I know my CJ springs have some good arc to them and AFIK they are stock, although I think I have a add-a-leaf in there.

-RJ

Bulltear Ad