PDA

View Full Version : To disco...or to not disco...

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Floridajeeper
10-22-2003, 04:50 AM
That is the question.

Who has just removed and tossed their sway bars?

Do you recommend it?

Any problems?

Tell me...tell me please.... :D

pyagid
10-22-2003, 07:03 AM
I don't have my sway bar connected on my cj. Around where i live mostly city driving and highway driving i do not notice a differance. As soon as i get on to some back roads near my parents house I have to drive much slower b/c it definatly leans a lot more.

SO if you drive back roads a lot i would suggest keeping it. If you are on more highways take it off. OR disconnect it drive around for a day or two and see how it feels

AlaskaJeepR
10-22-2003, 09:31 AM
My Bro in Law has his sway bars disconnected on his CJ, and even withthe crazy amount of lift he has, and the 37" MTR's he is running, he says it drives just fine.

jeepsr4ever
10-22-2003, 09:42 AM
I run 14"s of lift and 39.5's on my 85 and i have a sway bar, once i took it off and noticed alot more rolling of the chassis and it was hard to steer down the road

Floridajeeper
10-22-2003, 11:20 AM
Interesting...different experiences...hmmm...

Here's why I ask....

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-4/146015/jeepflexair.jpg

Small pic...but you'll notice the lack of flex and the air and light under the D/S tire...need more flexy... :wink:

pyagid
10-22-2003, 11:27 AM
Interesting...different experiences...hmmm...

Here's why I ask....

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-4/146015/jeepflexair.jpg

Small pic...but you'll notice the lack of flex and the air and light under the D/S tire...need more flexy... :wink:

what about a set of sway bar quick disco's then???

Floridajeeper
10-22-2003, 12:42 PM
I think I'll likely take your earlier suggestion about trying it out for a few days...if I don't like it...then I may opt for a set of QD's... :D

Mudrat
10-22-2003, 01:28 PM
I don't have my sway bar connected on my cj. Around where i live mostly city driving and highway driving i do not notice a differance. As soon as i get on to some back roads near my parents house I have to drive much slower b/c it definately leans a lot more.

SO if you drive back roads a lot i would suggest keeping it. If you are on more highways take it off. OR disconnect it drive around for a day or two and see how it feels
Pyagid: (what is that by the way? Pyagid :?: )
What are you running for axles and tires? Your rig looks similar to what I'm about to put on the road (again), but I can't make out what rubber ur runn'n. And I can't even get my panhard rods (thanks TM) back in without twisting up my springs, so I'm looking for a set of the adjustable ones.

Mudrat

pyagid
10-22-2003, 01:55 PM
I don't have my sway bar connected on my cj. Around where i live mostly city driving and highway driving i do not notice a differance. As soon as i get on to some back roads near my parents house I have to drive much slower b/c it definately leans a lot more.

Pyagid: (what is that by the way? Pyagid :?: )
What are you running for axles and tires? Your rig looks similar to what I'm about to put on the road (again), but I can't make out what rubber ur runn'n. And I can't even get my panhard rods (thanks TM) back in without twisting up my springs, so I'm looking for a set of the adjustable ones.

Mudrat
instead of a hijack see here
http://www.bulltear.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=560

jeepsr4ever
10-22-2003, 03:50 PM
Man that is less flexible than a steel rod laying against a tree, WHAT THE!!! Wow !

Mudrat
10-22-2003, 08:29 PM
Interesting;

"My axles are stock d20 and M20. I put 1 piece axles in the rear. As far as suspension currently it is just stock springs with AAL so about 1.5" and slightly taller shackles but very worn body bushings so they actually settled about 1/2". My tires are 33x12.5 pro-comp MT's which measured just about a true 33 when they were new. "

Sounds a lot like my daughters rig (35 front, 20 rear, crushed body mounts, etc.) with 2 exceptions, I've replaced all the rusted body parts with new steel panels, and stuck a 4" RE under it. We're pulling the 31s off and going to stuff some 35's under it. That is whenever I find the deal for them :lol:

Mudrat

Tigger
10-22-2003, 08:49 PM
going to stuff some 35's under it. That is whenever I find the deal for them :lol:

Mudrat

there was a guy either on Jeeps unlimited or www.snort4x4.com/forum that was selling the truxus MT in 35" but the shipping would probally kill ya.

Bulltear Ad