PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Lift - HELP!!

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

jeepchick
11-03-2003, 02:36 PM
I'm liftin’ my little Jeep Saturday 11/8!!

Anyone going to be around MN this coming weekend??

I need some MAJOR help installing a 2.5” RE lift kit into my ’95 Wrangler!!
I’m going to get under there and do this = but I need some SIGNIFICANT help/guidance!!
- I have NEVER done anything like this before.
- I have no tools for this type of job.
- I have no garage (yet) = I have a garage offer from a few guys so I might have that covered - but now I'm not sure - I just realized its hunting opener! :shock:
- I’ll buy food & soda! (beer too – for AFTER the lift is in)
- A friend said he’d bring a heater for the garage.

Can someone (many) please help me?

jerry
11-03-2003, 03:07 PM
I got the shop, know how and the heat but I live in oregon and no I will not be in MN.

I will be working on my cj5 or my son cj7.

good luck
[color=red]J

jeepchick
11-03-2003, 03:11 PM
I got the shop, know how and the heat but I live in oregon and no I will not be in MN.

I will be working on my cj5 or my son cj7.

good luck
[color=red]J

Ya big tease!

How old your son CJ …7?

jeepsr4ever
11-03-2003, 04:52 PM
we can build a big poly tent and use turbo heaters and afterward polish the kegs of beer off and pass out in the snow.........IM game!

jeepchick
11-03-2003, 05:00 PM
we can build a big poly tent and use turbo heaters and afterward polish the kegs of beer off and pass out in the snow.........IM game!

Sounds good to me!!! Can we do keg stands & also have magic markers to make muuustashes on the poor souls who pass out early?!?!

78304CJ-7
11-03-2003, 06:08 PM
where were you 5 years ago in my party days :crazyeyes:

Wish I was closer I would help....

-RJ

jeepsr4ever
11-03-2003, 09:46 PM
JEEPCHICK YOU BETTER NOT POST ANY PICS OF ME DOING A KEG STAND!

jerry
11-03-2003, 09:52 PM
My son 25 But he more in to owen jeep when he come home and know his gril frined would want her fixed

Jerry

jeepsr4ever
11-03-2003, 09:56 PM
Jerry

I have been down that road and found that i started having pics of ex-girlfriends like shotdown airplanes on my drivers door.......LOL

jeepchick
11-04-2003, 09:23 AM
I can't do the "party every night" thing (or every weekend for that matter) but when its time to party its time to party. I have to admit that I'm better at the beer bong then the keg stands.

MC = I'll take/post whatever pictures I want Mr. Man!! :twisted:
hummm ...maybe we'll draw glasses on you when your passed out! :wink:

78304CJ-7 = 5 years ago was your party time?? WTH!! Are you 90 now!? You can be responsible & party from time to time!

:?: :?: I'm lost on what Jerry & MC are talking about! Posting pictures – shot down airplanes ??? WTH?

AlaskaJeepR
11-04-2003, 11:52 AM
Chick, fighter pilots paint little pics of the planes they have shot down on the side of their cockpit. Same thing with ex-girlfriends and Jeeps... :car3:

jeepchick
11-04-2003, 12:08 PM
Chick, fighter pilots paint little pics of the planes they have shot down on the side of their cockpit. Same thing with ex-girlfriends and Jeeps... :car3:

Oh …I see …who has killed more, who has whored more and who has destroyed more. I get it. :twisted:

jerry
11-04-2003, 12:10 PM
My son Derek alwhy said boy freind do not work on gril friends car BMW but jeeps he still dose not like it but dose it some. It was nice last fridaty no gril friend we worked on our jeeep friday and went 4 wheeling sat day. Mom rode with him and me and the dog. Had a great time dog sem to say go for we can if it no don't do that.

Jerry

jeepsr4ever
11-04-2003, 02:02 PM
jerry your spelling scares me......LOL but hey im no english wiz either

antidisenstablishmentaryinism.......longest english word and i spelled it right........i think

pyagid
11-04-2003, 02:12 PM
jerry your spelling scares me......LOL but hey im no english wiz either

antidisenstablishmentaryinism.......longest english word and i spelled it right........i think

so close
antidisenstablishmentaryinism
antidisestablishmentarianism

I don't know why i know that i think i was just lucky you happened to post that word :D

jeepsr4ever
11-04-2003, 02:15 PM
DOH! I spelled it wrong?

AlaskaJeepR
11-05-2003, 10:51 AM
OK MC, THE SPELLING BEE IS OVER.... BACK TO WORK!!

Mudrat
11-05-2003, 11:58 AM
Chick, fighter pilots paint little pics of the planes they have shot down on the side of their cockpit. Same thing with ex-girlfriends and Jeeps...

Oh …I see …who has killed more, who has whored more and who has destroyed more. I get it. :twisted:
Actually, it's a testament to dedication - it's the ladies in our lives that leave us for whatever reason - usually it's over the Jeep and our dedication to making it worthy to wheel in.

Now for your lift install, it's not that hard :study: think positive :nike: - I wish I could be there. I have the shop, the heaters and tools (minus the jack, but that's getting remedied this weekend), but I have a dash board to rewire and install in my daughter's 87 Wrangler. Finished changing the motor mounts in the dark and rain last night. :evil4:

What age group male are you looking for? My brother is single again and already has a built JEEP TJ :lol:

Mudrat

jeepchick
11-06-2003, 09:23 AM
Actually, it's a testament to dedication - it's the ladies in our lives that leave us for whatever reason - usually it's over the Jeep and our dedication to making it worthy to wheel in.

What age group male are you looking for? My brother is single again and already has a built JEEP TJ :lol:

Mudrat

Just for the record = I wouldn’t leave a guy because of his dedication/addiction to his Jeep. :) Unless there wasn’t time for ***.

Positive thinking!!!
I have a garage floor = the garage hasn’t been added yet = they promised “before the snow flies” = it flew!
I’m so excited to do this lift!!! I'm going to play with the boys!!! I was able to get about 12 guys from MN-Jeep.com (a bunch of local guys) to help me on Saturday. Who knew so many guys would want to “help the helpless female” or “watch the chick crash & burn”. Or maybe it was when I said I’d have food, soda & beer. Hummm. :?

Oohhh a dateable!!! I’m 33 = so I think I’m looking in the 29-37 age bracket. Can’t go much younger – I then can’t stop thinking that “I could have babysat you & changed your diaper.” …and that’s just sick & wrong!! Where does this brother live?

Kornchild
11-06-2003, 12:03 PM
There is nothing wrong with us young "studs", we just need to be trained in a little on the ways of the woman :P hehe Good luck this weekend, hope everything goes as planned.

Mudrat
11-06-2003, 08:48 PM
Oohhh a dateable!!! I’m 33 = so I think I’m looking in the 29-37 age bracket. Can’t go much younger – I then can’t stop thinking that “I could have babysat you & changed your diaper.” …and that’s just sick & wrong!! Where does this brother live?

"Younger" brother is somewhere in the woods in Tennesee. After he retired, he wrote a little for National Fire Prevention magazine (he was a Damage Control Chief) and then took a job working with troubled teens. He spends most of the month in the woods with these kids. He gets to a computer about once a month :!: The 'kids' have to build their own shelter and camp and then spend the month there. He's going by the handle 'Grizzly Adams' (our last name by the way), but he's outside your upper limit - I think he turns 41 in Jan :) He's a former power lifter and entered a couple body building contests. Haven't seen him in a year though?!?

Mudrat
Age is a state of mind. If your mindless, age doesn't matter :lol:

Tigger
11-06-2003, 09:48 PM
Age is a state of mind. If your mindless, age doesn't matter :lol:

So true, you start getting old when you stop living, when you slow down, and stop having fun. Or when your body gives up before you are ready.

mrtazwrench
11-06-2003, 09:54 PM
Jeepchick, where were you when i was single, with no kids, with a running jeep, and a mopar musclecar to tool around in in the summer, oh well, lol. good luck with the lift project, i'd help, but i have to fix a shed this weekend.

jeepchick
11-07-2003, 09:00 AM
Mudrat: First – he’s 41 and retired? Impressive!
41 isn't old - will he give me crap for possibly babysitting me & changing my diapers? Wait - that didn't sound right. :roll:

Now are you sure he hasn’t turned into Grizzly Adams or the unabomber? j/k!! lol! Does he ever come out of the woods? :wink: LOL

Mrtazwrench – I'm sure I was dating some insensitive ass!! I've dated my share! :) I'm sure you had your share of chicks!! A shed takes precedence over helping with a lift, being fed & meeting about 15 Jeep-nerds? I see how you are! :) MC is going to be by for a bit in the afternoon. Thanks for the “good luck” wishes. I’ll post a photo when its done!! :)

Mudrat
11-07-2003, 10:24 AM
Mudrat: First – he’s 41 and retired? Impressive!
41 isn't old - will he give me crap for possibly babysitting me & changing my diapers? Wait - that didn't sound right. :roll:

Now are you sure he hasn’t turned into Grizzly Adams or the unabomber? j/k!! lol! Does he ever come out of the woods? :wink: LOL

Mrtazwrench – I'm sure I was dating some insensitive ass!! I've dated my share! :) I'm sure you had your share of chicks!! A shed takes precedence over helping with a lift, being fed & meeting about 15 Jeep-nerds? I see how you are! :) MC is going to be by for a bit in the afternoon. Thanks for the “good luck” wishes. I’ll post a photo when its done!! :)
One at a time...
1. He retired voluntarily at 20. He was the first one onboard COLE after the bombing with a damage control team to keep her afloat. He had some "disagreements" with the captain and chief engineer on the best way to do it. They almost lost the ship because they didn't listen the first time. He got fed up with politics and bailed.
2. He comes out about once a month right now, just in time to 'change diapers?' I think his time is about up with this group - 2 years of living in the woods with a bunch of "troubled teens" would drive me over the edge. Especially when some of these 'kids' take swings -and worse- at the camp facilitators. Did I mention he's a pretty strong guy :lol: It's paid off a couple times when a couple guys tried to take ah.. 'physical advantage' of one of the female counslors - she quit avter a couple months.
3. Grizzly maybe, unabomber-nope. He's a counter-terrorism kinda guy (followed his brothers foot steps there) with a very strong background in chem/bio warfare.
4. I'd like to help, and love free food and beverage, but you're well over 1200 miles away :cry:
Make sure your in the photo's!! :lol: Gotta have something to send to the lad when he emerges, and he's about to "winter over" again - he may need something to winter over with :shock: :P

Mudrat

jeepchick
11-07-2003, 10:42 AM
WOW …I’m flabbergasted by all that background! I don’t think I’ve met anyone with that much of a history in the service!! And you mentioned “followed in his brother’s footsteps” What did you do?? WOW! Seriously – I find that kind of dedication & accomplishment outstanding!

My brother did that living in the woods (yeah he was a troubled teen). He did the “drop you off far, far away and you need to find your way back & survive”. He did a great job – and never got in trouble ever again.

“something to winter over with” – EEEEEKKKK!!! :shock: I don’t think that would be a photo of me! I have a great personality . hahaha LOL! PM me with your email and I’ll send you a photo from yesterday so you’ll know (tried out my new camera phone on my drive into work).

W.T.Sumner
11-07-2003, 05:23 PM
After 25 posts did anyone say they will help you tomorow???

jeepsr4ever
11-07-2003, 05:28 PM
Yeah actually i am going to help tomorrow

jeepchick
11-07-2003, 05:32 PM
No. I got a lot of "wish I could but I don't live there" or "I'll watch" :)
Actually I do have about 12 guys helping me from a local Jeep club. If you are around - come on by - you can watch! :)

Hey Mudrat - figured out how to post photos!! Here I am - yesterday - driving the Jeep and taking photos at the same time! YIKES!! Get OUT of my way!!

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/3fac299c_3126/bc/Me/__sr_/me.jpg?bc54Cr_ARAY3FLj9

jeepsr4ever
11-07-2003, 05:56 PM
niceX

Mudrat
11-07-2003, 06:50 PM
Yeah actually i am going to help tomorrow
Get pics GET PICS GET PICS!!!

MC working?!?!?! Well, ok maybe not working per se, but not banging the keyboard?!?!? I gotta see this :P While your there maybe you can 'splain how to post pics :)
Hi MC, how was your day :?:

Mudrat

pyagid
11-07-2003, 09:06 PM
the pic did work earlier......it was a very nice one too.

Oh well I guess everyone else misses out :)

jeepchick
11-07-2003, 09:30 PM
the pic did work earlier......it was a very nice one too.

Oh well I guess everyone else misses out :)

Thanks - I'll try again. I'm an office manager not a computer geek!
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/3fac299c_3126/bc/Me/__sr_/me.jpg?bcGWGr_AftUkFLj9

jeepchick
11-07-2003, 09:32 PM
niceX

ikya

Tigger
11-07-2003, 09:44 PM
MC working?!?!?! Well, ok maybe not working per se, but not banging the keyboard?!?!? I gotta see this :P While your there maybe you can 'splain how to post pics :)

From the looks of that red "x" I would say he has 'splained to her how to post pics :wink:

pyagid
11-07-2003, 10:37 PM
i am on my machine running XP Professional and I could see the first pic but not the second. My machine that is running 98 i could see neither

jeepsr4ever
11-08-2003, 09:58 AM
Hey tigger here is a pic of my grandmother naked X[color=red].....HAHA yeah sometimesd my links dont work right, but hey im a jeeper not a techie

Tigger
11-08-2003, 10:40 AM
Hey tigger here is a pic of my grandmother naked X.....HAHA yeah sometimesd my links dont work right, but hey im a jeeper not a techie

MC Just the fact that you have pics of your grandmother naked is really bothersome to me :-k :-s [-X

jeepsr4ever
11-08-2003, 03:43 PM
:sign11: j/k man

Tigger
11-08-2003, 03:51 PM
:sign11: j/k man

I know :lol:

Mudrat
12-20-2003, 08:55 PM
WOW …I’m flabbergasted by all that background! I don’t think I’ve met anyone with that much of a history in the service!! And you mentioned “followed in his brother’s footsteps” What did you do?? WOW! Seriously – I find that kind of dedication & accomplishment outstanding!

Well, I tried to fix the X but the address http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/3fac299c_3126/bc/Me/__sr_/me.jpg?bcGWGr_AftUkFLj9 doesn't work.

Wanna know some of what I did? (for 10 of 30 years anyway) Read the book, "Blind Mans Bluff" I can neither confirm nor deny the actual events, but I do know some of those guys :wink:

Mudrat[/i]

Bulltear Ad