PDA

View Full Version : Electric Fuel Pump & Fuel Pressure Regulator

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Tigger
11-09-2003, 09:05 PM
I am thinking about adding this when the drive train swap happens, what all do you recommend as far as a pump and FPR? Do you wire it to your ignition or a switch on the dash? How hard of an undertaking is it? in theroy it sounds really simple.

pyagid
11-10-2003, 06:20 AM
I don't think you need a fuel pump rated at any more than 5 psi. And there are a lot of choices out there depending on what you want to spend. Holley red is a very nice pump at around $90 carter also makes a few different pumps. as far as a regulator I know a fwe people racing that just use the cheap spectra regulator from pep boys or autozone. I thin it is $15 at the most. They have been running it for a few years now iwth no problems.

When buying a fuel pump You also need to know if you are getting a pusher or a puller. Pusher would go back near the tank more and puller would sit up in the engine bay.

As far as wiring it in. Ideally there should be an oil pressure cut of switch or some other cut of switch incase of a roll over or accident so that it does not keep pumping.

Last note: I personaly have never had any problems with the mechanical fuel pump and I also hate electrical work on cars. So take every extra wire out i could and try to avoid addin additional electronic items

Bulltear Ad