PDA

View Full Version : Gasket Chat

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Tigger
11-11-2003, 11:29 AM
Through trial and error I have always ended up using fel-pro gaskets and Michigan/Clevite 77 bearings. Found those to be the best quality control companies.

fuzz401
11-11-2003, 11:36 AM
a lot of people are going to rol gaskets too

Tigger
11-11-2003, 11:49 AM
Haven't looked at what new stuff is out there, but I will check those gaskets out.

fuzz401
11-11-2003, 11:52 AM
the old detroit head gaskets were good to if you can find them they had a coating on they you had to pry them off with a crow bar all the head bolts out cranking the motor did not help a pain to clean up after but they did seal

jeepsr4ever
11-11-2003, 11:54 AM
Hey guys if you want to talk gaskets please take it from this topic as it will be clogged when the gaset pics and prices go up

Tigger
11-11-2003, 12:05 PM
Topic has been split.

jeepsr4ever
11-11-2003, 12:09 PM
I talked to a guy who sells gaskets on teh internet (ebay) he said he picked up 200 pallets of gaskets mostly miscellaneous for a cheap price....NICE EH? Yeah right who has that kind of room, what a hassle trying to sift through those :shock:

Tigger
11-11-2003, 12:15 PM
Well we all know time is money....... Can you imagine even with a cheap price, and a decent selling price how much money he will actually lose becuase of the time he will spend on sifting through them and organizing them, researching/cross referencing part numbers, deciding on a price, putting them on ebay and the fees there, the time spend answering emails about them.. Most people don't think about "opportunity costs" when they set pricing they just look at the dollar for dollar costs.

jeepsr4ever
11-11-2003, 12:22 PM
so right tigger, even i eat all my R&D time so my parts can be sold at a good price, Look at the shifter handles, they are cheaper than B&M's and hurst replacements and they have a better feel, but the time i have into R&D doesnt reflect in the price, I just hope i will make out in the long run.....LOL maybe that guy is injured and has nothing better to do....dunno

Tigger
11-11-2003, 12:54 PM
well with all the exposure you are going to get hopefully you will make up the costs in the long run.

Bulltear Ad