PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

rdnkjeeper
11-28-2003, 01:33 AM
I am doing a V8 swap in a 1990 Wrangler. Right now I am doing a carbed 302, but with in the next two years I will put in a 5.0 out of a Mustang. Any way to my question......anyone have a good schematic for the wires at the bulkhead? I have looked and can't find any that tell them all. Normally it wouldn't be a problem, but a buddy cut all the wires, what I was going to do is keep them and use the ones I needed and then cut the rest out. The computer isn't in anymore either. Any help would be great. Planning on buying a harness when I do the 5.0. Thanks

jeepsr4ever
11-28-2003, 10:38 AM
Wire clipper syndrome eh? Well dont feel bad ive done it before but the good thing is that your going to a carb 302 (right?) and wiring is very very basic for these. Basically what you need to do first is get a haynes or chiltons manual for your jep and look at where they came out of the firewall and where they went, you will have a butchers harness but with a little patients you can build your own......meanwhile your buddy can supply you with beer along the way for pulling such a Jacka## stunt

rdnkjeeper
11-28-2003, 11:09 AM
I have it running, but I don't like the way the wiring looks.....I have about 10 hours into it trying to make it look "nice" and it still doesn't. Also I have a bunch of extra wires that I can't figure out where they go......If he left more wire it wouldn't be a problem, but there is only about 2 inches from the firewall. I have a haynes manual as well as a chiltons......but neither do a very good job. I don't want to spend 60-80 bucks on a FSM when not much is stock anymore anyway. I guess what I need to find is an online link to a FSM for the wiring diagram.

Thanks

Bulltear Ad