PDA

View Full Version : Odyssey Batteries???

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Rocky
01-03-2004, 05:08 PM
Anybody have any experience w/ Odyssey batteries?

Are they really something special (worth almost twice as much as an Optima), or just more "snake oil"?

Here's a link to one writeup on 'em:

http://www.off-road.com/isuzu/womb_hawker.html

jeepsr4ever
01-03-2004, 05:26 PM
No i havent..Fuzz you seen these?

fuzz401
01-04-2004, 07:33 AM
cant say that I have

Mudrat
01-04-2004, 08:39 PM
Saw a write up in one of the off road mags as they were doing a 24V winch set up. Don't know if they're any better or not, but it was said they had a deeper cycle than a Red Top. Does that justify the price? Your call, but I think I could buy 2 Optimas for the price of an Odyssey and then replace them both for the savings after 5 years...

Mudrat

Lifted79CJ7
01-25-2004, 07:12 PM
We were just talking about these on the Jeep-L.net list and they are good batteries. Apperently when Optima was bought out, they have skimped on quality and aren't worth the money anymore. The general concensus is that this is the new "battery to have". Lasts long periods of time and recharges great.
Jack

Mudrat
01-25-2004, 08:07 PM
We were just talking about these on the Jeep-L.net list and they are good batteries. Apperently when Optima was bought out, they have skimped on quality and aren't worth the money anymore. The general concensus is that this is the new "battery to have". Lasts long periods of time and recharges great.
Jack
Jack, when did that happen? the buy out?? I haven't heard about it..but then again I don't follow the battery groups/stocks. I know that Advanced Auto, Pep Boys and Auto Zone are now starting to carry them.

Pat

Lifted79CJ7
01-26-2004, 09:38 AM
It was during the lst year I believe. I can't be certain.
Jack

Bulltear Ad