PDA

View Full Version : jeep,jeep, parts are sold

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

shagg
01-04-2004, 06:45 PM
hey all well the local jeep club bought it all minus one set of clamps i didnt forget ya fuzz ,, i tried to delete this but no go , i just got back from detroit so i`ll have time to pull your clamps before they pick everything up

Mudrat
01-06-2004, 09:54 PM
ok guys the time has come,, dont be too hard on me but i`ve decided to go with a perkins diesel on my next cj built , so i`ll be selling my extra parts, that is whats left of 14 cj`s and 3 j`s and 1 waggy and no theirs no body parts lol im in ohio what the salt dosnt eat the strip mine mud does ,, anyone interested in everything i have ? well it was a thought , i will add a complete list, or at least the bigger parts in the next couple of days when it stops raining long enough to take a pen and paper with me , MC i might be interested in a 60 70 set up for a cj if i get rid of some of my stuff, i need the large bearings for the weight and and the size for the tq of the perkins thanks
Why hard on you? I was thinking a 2.5 or 3.0 diesel my self, and portal axles :idea: . Be interested in seeing your "un-shopping" list :t: One of the young ladies in our office wants to build a Jeep from the ground up just "to learn" (yes MC I gave her your address 8) ) Looking in the 80-90 year group, rolling chassis would be nice.

THX
Mudrat

shagg
01-06-2004, 11:05 PM
well i`ve never strayed from jeep in jeep combo or jeep loyal i should say, so even i feel a little uneasy like im pulling the rug out from underneath a old friend,, as far as i roller goes,, alot of them here .but often in two pieces..around here if you can even find a frame in decent shape your doing good, and a good one is a keeper , hey MC how bout some stainless steel frames and diamond plate alum tubs for us salty states :-|

jeepsr4ever
01-07-2004, 07:38 AM
Stainless frames.........eeesh way to heavy and most stainless is very very stressed

The aluminum diamond plate bodies eh?....hmmm I think it was mjsyj who is working on that one, he will be joining the board soon, he is in coalition with a firetruck building outfit to produce them, BUT I think they will find material costs to be very high. That treadbrite isnt cheap. I have a prototype treadbrite step here that attaches to any boat trailer for easy access but i will have to do all the building internally to make it worth while..that means buying a TIG welder this week.,5K out the door :oops:

pyagid
01-07-2004, 07:43 AM
I guy that i have wheeled with a couple of times has a Diesel set up in his CJ with a Homade stainless frame Plumed as an air tank. Seems to work out pretty well. He just runs home heating Fuel. I am not sure what type of motor it is though.

Mudrat
01-07-2004, 02:47 PM
I guy that i have wheeled with a couple of times has a Diesel set up in his CJ with a Homade stainless frame Plumed as an air tank. Seems to work out pretty well. He just runs home heating Fuel. I am not sure what type of motor it is though.
"home heating Fuel"? Propane? Salad Oil?? My sister want to do that to her Caddy - used cooking oil?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! 111!!!
Mudrat

pyagid
01-07-2004, 03:32 PM
"home heating Fuel"? Propane? Salad Oil?? My sister want to do that to her Caddy - used cooking oil?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! 111!!!
Mudrat

Home Heating Oil....which is basically diesel fuel

Mudrat
01-07-2004, 03:58 PM
Home Heating Oil....which is basically diesel fuel

Got it :?:

'Rat

W.T.Sumner
01-08-2004, 04:04 AM
If you get caught running home heating oil (untaxed diesel) on a state owned road It will be bad day.

Mudrat
01-08-2004, 05:34 AM
ok guys the time has come,, dont be too hard on me but i`ve decided to go with a perkins diesel on my next cj built ,

If you get caught running home heating oil (untaxed diesel) on a state owned road It will be bad day.

Found this off the "Top 4X4Sites.com" WHERE YOU SHOULD ALL BE VOTING!! See my sig line...#48 and falling fast :smile:
http://www.oliverdiesel.com/

shagg
01-08-2004, 07:19 PM
ok guys my perkins is too long and way too heavy for a jeep front axle so now im gonna try a 6.2 diesel after a rering job i know i know but it should last long enough to try the set up if i ever find a flywheel found gobs of plates,, and tomorow im going to list what parts i have, just dont know if shipping charges on the weight would be worth it even with good price`s so may have to part most things out,, does anyone know if the alum t5spd would handle the diesel if it wasnt abused for highway only , and anyone have any gm to jeep bells?

shagg
01-09-2004, 05:21 PM
as promised here is some of my junk or as much as i could write with frozen fingers, will try to get the rest on tomorow.
j10 360 good complete inc brackets and assc.,,matched set of front and rear axles complete disk brake front ,4spd and transfer front and rear driveshafts.
j20 matched set front and rear axles 60 rear ,disk brake front , 4spd and transfer front and rear drive shafts etc.
cj 4 matched sets 20 rear , disk brake front complete.
1 set waggy front and rear, offset rear ,,disk front .
cj set wide track front and rear 20 rear disk brake front .
2 400 th each one for different transfer one complete with transfer other transfer is off prob in barn. i`d say needs r/b
the 4 sets of cj stuff is mostly complete jeeps missing engine /trans /transfers .
1955 cj 5 frame trans transfer front rear axles drive shafts lockers in front and rear old style closed knuckle front drums all around.
adapter for the above trans to a chevy bell.
ok soon as i can i will check the barn its full of mostly smaller stuff and rearends that i allready started to part and engines that smoke lol.
if anyone needs to know anything , gear ratio or questions just ask

Mudrat
01-09-2004, 07:14 PM
as promised here is some of my junk or as much as i could write with frozen fingers, will try to get the rest on tomorow.
j10 360 good complete inc brackets and assc.,,matched set of front and rear axles complete disk brake front ,4spd and transfer front and rear driveshafts.
j20 matched set front and rear axles 60 rear ,disk brake front , 4spd and transfer front and rear drive shafts etc.
cj 4 matched sets 20 rear , disk brake front complete.
1 set waggy front and rear, offset rear ,,disk front .
cj set wide track front and rear 20 rear disk brake front .
2 400 th each one for different transfer one complete with transfer other transfer is off prob in barn. i`d say needs r/b
the 4 sets of cj stuff is mostly complete jeeps missing engine /trans /transfers .
1955 cj 5 frame trans transfer front rear axles drive shafts lockers in front and rear old style closed knuckle front drums all around.
adapter for the above trans to a chevy bell.
ok soon as i can i will check the barn its full of mostly smaller stuff and rearends that i allready started to part and engines that smoke lol.
if anyone needs to know anything , gear ratio or questions just ask

OOooohhhhh and ur only ~11 hours from here :? I should just give you a wish list and see if you've got it :idea:

Mudrat

shagg
01-09-2004, 07:28 PM
bad part bout it is i prob have most of it lol ,, VA hmmm i work in VA but laid off right now,, work at nasa doing fiberoptics in hampton beside langley air force base, should be some other bids starting soon or at least i hope so lol if not i might have to sell all my stuff :smile:

shagg
01-09-2004, 07:31 PM
oh allmost forgot the feller who mailed me bout a front j20 d/s i tried to return his email but it wouldnt go through , anyway im not sure what year the 20 is with out walking out to look i know its newer one it has square lights

Mudrat
01-09-2004, 08:25 PM
bad part bout it is i prob have most of it lol ,, VA hmmm i work in VA but laid off right now,, work at nasa doing fiberoptics in hampton beside langley air force base, should be some other bids starting soon or at least i hope so lol if not i might have to sell all my stuff :smile:
That may not be so bad, Langley is only about 12 miles from me :lo1l: In the back gate off Hampton Center PKWY and right over to NASA!!
I'll host your trailer, buy you a couple dinners and brewskis and?? for the "j10 360 good complete inc brackets and assc.,,matched set of front and rear axles complete disk brake front ,4spd and transfer front and rear driveshafts". LOL :lo1l:
This way I can spend more $$ with MC to support the extra 2 cylinders :t:

Mudrat

shagg
01-09-2004, 08:55 PM
make me an offer lol you never know i might be at your door step this weekend ,, not like i dont know my way there hahaha do you need the clutch pedal assc too? :-| hmmm never crossed my mind poss delivery of parts to states not too far away ,, make mental note buy yugo , tie axles behind yugo put 360 on top to save gas, might just work hahaha

Mudrat
01-09-2004, 09:33 PM
make me an offer lol you never know i might be at your door step this weekend ,, not like i dont know my way there hahaha do you need the clutch pedal assc too? :-| hmmm never crossed my mind poss delivery of parts to states not too far away ,, make mental note buy yugo , tie axles behind yugo put 360 on top to save gas, might just work hahaha
Well, same deal as MC, FUZZ or anybody else - beer, bed and wrenching can be provided :?

Mudrat

shagg
01-09-2004, 09:43 PM
are you nuts? being laid off do you have any idea what my wife would do to ,,,,hey thats not a bad idea i could use some r&r hahaha but i have enough wrenching here prob never get everything finished something is allways broke or the kids breaking it for me

Mudrat
01-09-2004, 10:08 PM
are you nuts? being laid off do you have any idea what my wife would do to ,,,,hey thats not a bad idea i could use some r&r hahaha but i have enough wrenching here prob never get everything finished something is allways broke or the kids breaking it for me
Yeah I do. Outta work for 8 months, mine told me to "find something, anything, as long as it's not at the house." R&R is a GOOD thing :?

Mudrat

jeepsr4ever
01-10-2004, 01:34 AM
Whoa JACKPOT!!

mrtazwrench
01-10-2004, 02:12 PM
IF THE 4SPDS ARE T18S I MAY HAVE BUYERS FOR THEM. :t:

Mudrat
01-10-2004, 03:18 PM
make me an offer lol you never know i might be at your door step this weekend
Well your not here (yet) so what will it take if I come pick up the "j10 360 good complete inc brackets and assc.,,matched set of front and rear axles complete disk brake front ,4spd and transfer front and rear driveshafts". ? I don't know the condition of the stuff. Is any of NOT rebuildable? Besides I may find something else I can't live without while I'm there :shock: #-o
PM me if you want.

Mudrat

shagg
01-12-2004, 04:27 PM
yes they were t18`s ,, sorry mud guy we haul coal to up north bought the 360 and 4spds for a cj7 project, which worked out pretty good just wrapped and loaded em on top of his coal in the tractor tralier , he`s wanting my 2.5 ton axles for it, its gonna be a beast in plan form anyway he`s stretching a body running 2 t18`s made his own frame from chevy 1 ton rails that parts done, dont know what he`d use it for, but i want one lol hey maybe he needs that big perkins with some chrome sidepipes , still have the front and rear j10`s 250 pair

Mudrat
01-12-2004, 04:32 PM
yes they were t18`s ,, sorry mud guy we haul coal to up north bought the 360 and 4spds for a cj7 project, which worked out pretty good just wrapped and loaded em on top of his coal in the tractor tralier , he`s wanting my 2.5 ton axles for it, its gonna be a beast in plan form anyway he`s stretching a body running 2 t18`s made his own frame from chevy 1 ton rails that parts done, dont know what he`d use it for, but i want one lol hey maybe he needs that big perkins with some chrome sidepipes , still have the front and rear j10`s 250 pair
Thanks anyway Shagg, don't think 22 hours on the road round trip would make that such a good deal right now :smile:
If I get some time off and can make it to the Nationals at Camp Perry (National rifle and pistol competitions in Port Clinton between Toledo and Cleveland on the lake) this year, I'll see if I can swing by if you've got something..

Mudrat

shagg
01-12-2004, 05:39 PM
no prob drop a email anytime , local jeep club is trying to get a group buy on everything i have left, but i allways keep a few jeeps around

Bulltear Ad