PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Plate Accesseries

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

wiprsnapr
01-12-2004, 09:06 PM
Maybe you will be able to understand this. I have been wanting to make a rail that fits on top of the rear cornner panels. Just like the ones for the soft tops, except made from diamond plate.

On my CJ, I had a bad rust spot in the corners where the hard top had sat for years. The previous owner had never took it off and it leaked there. I took a tailgate rail from a F150 and cut it in half. Then I bolted it down where the top goes. This covered the holes till I could get to the rust.

Right now I am fixing the rust damage but when I'm finished I want to put something like this on (for looks and protection). The only problem I have making them myself is that I can't make the bends for the corners.

Also, I wonder about a diamond plate bikini top that could be removable and fits like the hard top over the windsheild frame.

Any suggestions or comments would be appriciated. I just like diamond plate! :wink:

wiprsnapr
01-14-2004, 11:02 PM
No thoughts, comments, suggestions, wise-cracks, likes, dis-likes, no nothing? Well, I guess no one liked my ideas then. :smile: #-o :oops:

jeepsr4ever
01-15-2004, 08:43 AM
Most of the rust ive seen comes from underneath......But

Bulltear Ad