PDA

View Full Version : Quadra Trac Conversion

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

PentaJoe
01-14-2004, 06:20 PM
Hey all good to see all these interesting posts on the forum. I have a question for you. I am building a 79 CJ, 304, TH400. I have heard of a conversion kit that allows for 2wd/4wd instead of full time 4wd. Do any of you know where the best place to get one. Also, I have seen ADS that say you can use HUBS on a CJ and some that say you cant. Any clarification?? Thanks :-| [/img]

jeepsr4ever
01-14-2004, 06:36 PM
hmm a couple of thoughts about that swap, I believe there where some issues, Ive seen it work though. I sell onyl replacement parts for quads...cant really attest to the part time kits.....anyone else?

fuzz401
01-14-2004, 06:43 PM
ck with rollbar (you could probly pm him form here...jeepsr4ever)he is looking to do this with a kit with out the overdrive

Rocky
01-15-2004, 12:29 AM
Both the conversion and the hubs can be done.
Here's the conversion kit: http://www.milemarker.com/4x2conversion.html
6 bolt hubs from Warn, Mile Marker, Superwinch, etc. will bolt right on.

PentaJoe
01-15-2004, 08:13 AM
:? Hey thanks for the info rocky, I can use that part number on that link to get the best price. I am still un sure about the stock kit or the 16% overdrive kit. I can afford either one but is the overdrive kit worth the extra moolah? Thanks again, you guys rock :lo1l:

jeepsr4ever
01-15-2004, 08:45 AM
hmm the overdrive would only be worth it if you drove some distances with your rig.

Lifted79CJ7
01-22-2004, 02:10 PM
I ran a Qtrac setup for a couple years and almost did the conversion myself. I ended up just buying a whole nuther CJ instead though. Swapped out for a tf727 and dana 300 setup insetead. Gets rid of the chain drive altogether. Of course it was more expensive to go this route, but I am much happier now. Plus I don't have to worry about all that vaccum crap. Course I also swapped in a scout dana 44 rear as well to compensate.
Jack

Bulltear Ad