PDA

View Full Version : Edelbrock EFI for AMC V-8's

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

mjnoc
01-22-2004, 07:29 AM
Anybody have any info on the Edelbrock EFI for AMC V-8's yet. I just got the latest copy of JP and at some show (can't remember the name) but the edelbrock booth had an EFI system for AMC V-8's. :lo1l: I believe there there is a pic in the magazine. I'll see if I cant scan it later today.
Just wondered if anybody had any info on this yet.

jeepsr4ever
01-22-2004, 09:29 AM
Its slated for march at a price $2600 :!: Thats the rumor

diddycj5
01-22-2004, 10:45 AM
Its slated for march at a price $2600 :!: Thats the rumor

$2600 WTF :?: I can buy another CJ for that. Damn, I really want one, but it looks like I will be sticking with a carb.

MC - once you get Edelbrock to pull their heads out their ___ and you determine your pricing, I want to see how much you can offer the kit for since $2600 is probably MSRP. EIther that or I will go with a Performer manifold and probably 600cfm carb through you. I am sure that you are sick of people asking about pricing and I am not trying to bug you since I know the problem is with Edlebrock. What I can't figure out is, you have tons of people jumping at the bit to buy the stuff through you. Wouldn't it be in their best interest to make that happen quickly and they could start selling even more of their products. (more sales = more revenue = MORE PROFIT!! Duh. What kind of buisness are they running? 111!!! )

RandyJ
01-25-2004, 05:41 PM
#-o For that kind of $$$ you could swap in a Chevy EFI motor 111!!! I know where there is a used TFI Chevy for $200 :wink:

diddycj5
01-25-2004, 07:07 PM
How about jsut the TBI w/computer & harness. I am thinking about a Howell TBI type setup. Decent performance per $$. Eldelbrock EFI is just not worth it.

diddycj5
02-24-2004, 02:18 PM
$2600 seems to be the going rate. I just got my newest 4wd.com mag and that is what they are charging. Also, they want $750 for EACH new aluminum head. $1500 total! I know that they are trying to recoupe some of their development cost/etc but you can buy a pair of loaded heads for SBC of SBF for less than a grand. Although that is still cheaper than INDY stuff.
SummitRacing has the EFI for $2632 and $781 for the performer head and $750 for the performer RPM head.

MC - did you ever get setup with Edelbrock to be a distributor?

Bulltear Ad