PDA

View Full Version : 258 Question

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

pyagid
01-22-2004, 08:47 AM
what is the major differences between a 1979 motor and 1990 258. I know the 79 has lower compressions, and different size head bolts. Is there a reason why I could not bolt a 79 motor in place of a 1990 motor? :-|

jeepsr4ever
01-22-2004, 09:34 AM
besides a little wiring...you should be able to bolt it in. You may want to ditch the old bbd though...........Is that jeep still haunting you? :!:

pyagid
01-22-2004, 09:58 AM
besides a little wiring...you should be able to bolt it in. You may want to ditch the old bbd though...........Is that jeep still haunting you? :!:

This is for my own Yj I picked up a good runnig 79 258 last night with good compression for $50 My YJ i am selling in the next couple of weeks and has bad wrist pins. I am just going to swap my Holley carb onto it and do away with the BBD

as far as the other one. He decided to just buy a used motor Which i have to go pick up as soon as I could get to Boston with a truck and trailer. B/c that is going ot be a whole other project and will probably do another post on that. but will some it up here quick. Going to boston to buy 88 YJ complete minus axles. Selling motor to photographer. Putting dana 44 f/r under 88 soa. swapping my CJ nose onto it. Putting my 360/t-18 in it. Selling My Cj minus motor

Paul

jeepsr4ever
01-22-2004, 10:03 AM
Dang you better hurry up wedding is coming :mrgreen:

pyagid
01-22-2004, 10:08 AM
Dang you better hurry up wedding is coming :mrgreen:

Yeah i have not time for any of it. I dont know how i worked out being able to do this either. After I bought the my YJ in June I promissed not to buy any more vehicles till after the wedding. SO i coudl save money for it. Some how she thought this project was a good Idea as well. (i think b/c i told her I was selling the Yj so either i dump some money into the CJ or I buy another complete vehicle that will probably need work) So she said make the CJ so she will like to ride in it again :lo1l: she does not know it is going to be a lot taller yet :mrgreen:

Bulltear Ad