PDA

View Full Version : Carb questions

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Redemption
02-02-2004, 11:27 PM
ok well my Edelbrock performer 750 cfm carb will be here tomorrow(or today, tues). I prolly should have aksed earlier, but oh well.

Am I going to need a throttle cable adapter?

Am I going to have to plug off some vacuum places on the edelbrock that arent being used?

am I going to have enough hood clearance with the factory air cleaner?

will the factory air cleaner fit?

and some other stuff I may have forgotten..

fuzz401
02-03-2004, 06:56 AM
cable that depends on the factory cable end u have

if you have only 2 vac hoses to the carb now yes

hood clearence depends on the intake u have

jeepsr4ever
02-03-2004, 08:59 AM
you will also need to slot the throttle cable bracket to allow the valve to shut all the way, when you set it up you will know what i mean

750 :t:

Redemption
02-03-2004, 12:09 PM
define what you mean by slot the cable.

also I got it set up, the gas line is run, the throttle is hooked up properly, and it turns over. good stuff, can tell a huge differance, feels like a demon now. only problem is, it i give it full gas, stomp on it, when it revs down, it shuts off. I can crank it right back up. do I have a vacuum leak, or maybe a vacuum line hooked up wrong? Heres what I got so far:

http://csramotorsports.com/phpBB2/album_pic.php?pic_id=1169

So where am I going wrong? Keeping in mind I have am no mechanic, so dont make fun of me, lol.

fuzz401
02-03-2004, 12:20 PM
you might have your dizz on the wrong port try the other side the side u are on is the manfold side and it is pulling your advance in at idle the port u have blocked is no vac at idle but as motor revs up it pulls in the advanced

pvc to the front big tube

vac breaks to the pluged one in back

choke elec or manual if elec you may have to set it up that after it is warm and the choke is open the idle screw is turned in to take overto set the idle

http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/fuzz401/101_0187.jpg

Redemption
02-03-2004, 12:33 PM
ok, so switche the vaccum advacne to the other side? the pvc runs to the front tube? and not quite sure what vac breaks to the plugged one in the back means. its a manual choke btw. thanks for all the help btw, its much appricated.

fuzz401
02-03-2004, 12:56 PM
vac brakes

Redemption
02-03-2004, 07:00 PM
ok, I hooked the big port on the front to the pvc, and it makes it run rough, and eventually shuts the engine off, but when I disconnect it, it seems to idle fine, but you get the hissing sound, as air is being pulled through the front port. any solution? or am I still hooking something up wrong? is it supposed to be only one line from the pvc to the front port, because I have another line that runs to the fuel canister thing.

FSJnovice
02-03-2004, 08:34 PM
If you have power brakes hook it up to the port in the back large one. If not in back hook it up to the large port in front. Located on the carb base.

Redemption
02-03-2004, 11:19 PM
ok, with the forums help, here is what I understand needs to be hooked up and where:

Power Brakes-Port inbetween two smaller vacuum ports
Vacuum advance-Port to the right of Power brakes port(if looking head on)
Pcv- Port opposite Power Brakes port, on back of carb
Fuel line- Left side of carb, fairly obvious
left port of the three ports on front, blocked off.

if anything is wrong, please correct me, I need to learn anyways.

fuzz401
02-04-2004, 06:40 AM
look at my pic i posted the small blue line is the dizz that is the ported vacuum port the other port is manfold vacuum

ported vacuum means there is no vacuum there at idle but as rpm goes up it gets more vacuum to pull the advance in

manfold vacuum port has manfold vacuum there at idle but as rpm go up vacuum drops off advanced here will pull dizz advance in at idel and drop it off as rpm go up

Mudrat
02-04-2004, 06:56 PM
look at my pic i posted the small blue line is the dizz that is the ported vacuum port the other port is manfold vacuum

ported vacuum means there is no vacuum there at idle but as rpm goes up it gets more vacuum to pull the advance in

manfold vacuum port has manfold vacuum there at idle but as rpm go up vacuum drops off advanced here will pull dizz advance in at idel and drop it off as rpm go up
Fuzz - is this the "rumble.wav" you sent me, or is this the one in the store front :? :lo1l: :t:

Mudrat

Redemption
02-04-2004, 07:37 PM
hey thanks everyone, I finally got everything hooked up properly and such(problem now is a stretched alternator belt) you can see the startings of my engine paint color restore as well

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid102/pc801fb31bc6c2877a6fe624e5e31ef52/f9b6bf60.jpg.orig.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid102/p02140dde2486ea049d6d3650ca3e4dec/f9b6bf5c.jpg

Bulltear Ad