PDA

View Full Version : torque from a 360?

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

chero82
02-04-2004, 07:12 PM
I've been on the amc forum, ifsja, and here looking for the right combo. I found a lot of great info on different parts of the build but not a specific combination. I like to know what's best and try to keep the build around $2500. I found a lot of good stuff on high rpm motors but not much on building one that pulls from the bottom.

I have a good block, crank and rods with a good set of heads. All will need machine work.The block will need to be bored, so I'll need pistons. The heads I'll polish and do a valve job.

This is in a FSJ, (4300lbs) with a TH400, 4.11's

any help is greatly appreciated.
tbarnes

fuzz401
02-05-2004, 10:01 AM
stay with in the 9.0 to 9.5:1 cr

go with a comp 260 or 268 hyd cam or another cam co. in that range

clean your runners up in the heads dont polish them u will need the roughness to keep your gas flowing through them

balance the motor have the stroke made even on the cyl.

get a sfi flexplate will last longer then the factory one cost alot more but worth it in the long run

chero82
02-05-2004, 11:39 AM
Thanks fuzz. Any recomendations on pistons that will get me to 9.5 with stock heads and a 30 over block? Block will only be decked enough to ensure it's flat.

Tigger
02-05-2004, 12:58 PM
Fuzz is on the money with what he has said. After your rebuild if you have funds left over regear your axles to increase the TQ mutiplication effect of the engine. But remember engines are designed to operate in a certain RPM range shoot for that range with the build up and your gearing.

Bulltear Ad