PDA

View Full Version : Lowering

Bulltear Ad
Bulltear Ad

Redemption
02-08-2004, 10:31 AM
I know most of this forum is into raising the jeeps up and such, but Id like to drop the javelin alittle lower to the ground, for looks and abit of function. since the car is old, I know they dont know make a kit or something for it, so does anyone have a suggestion?

jeepsr4ever
02-08-2004, 10:40 AM
:-|

Redemption
02-08-2004, 11:10 AM
lol, im guessing youve havent done this too much? for the front. I know I could cut the springs, i just dont know how safe that is for the car

Trailbst
02-08-2004, 12:25 PM
Do what some of us wheelers do. Find a local spring shop and get some custom made springs. I know it sounds like it will cost a lot, but not usually. Then you can talk spring rates and all that good stuff with them, and be get to get what you want. A safe product that rides like stock, but is lower than stock.

HTH.

Erik

Redemption
02-08-2004, 12:55 PM
ah, thanks for the advise. now what am I to do about the rear end though?

Trailbst
02-08-2004, 05:26 PM
Redemption, do the same thing. Coils or Leafs, shouldn't matter. A reputable spring shop will be able to work with you to accomplish what you need.

A couple of things they will want to know.
1. How you plan on driving the car, i.e. straight line, rally, street, daily driving.
2. How much lower do you want it to be.
3. How much the car weighs, this one is important, so that they can set you up with a suspension that will give you the best ride for what you are looking for.

Good Luck! :t:

Erik

Bulltear Ad