Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Eletric fuel pump
Bulltear Ad

Thread: Eletric fuel pump

Eletric fuel pump

I started the power steering swap finally and ran into a problem. I may be going with an eletric fuel pump setup due to the HEI distributor, mechanical fuel pump and power steering pump all in the same area. Im new to this (eletric fuel pump world) what exactly do I need? Obviously I need a pump and one of those nice bulltear block off plates but do i need a regulator and how many gph/psi should I be looking for? I have a fully rebuild 304 with edelbrock intake/carb (600 cfm)/mild cam/lifters/headers.
    78 CJ7 304/T18/D300 D30(Frt)/M20(Rear)
    SOA w/ 35" BFG MT on 15x10 Wagon's

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    if you are useing the factory ps pump the fule pump should fit with no problem

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

Agree-
    No need for an electric pump. The factory PS pump fits fine (there's even room for a smog pump piggybacked on the bracket).
    Only reason to go elec. w/ your setup would be if you were having vaporlock problems.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Plus you'll probably need a 100 shot of nitrous.......

Jack

As I am pondering going to Fuel Injection, does anyone know of a good method of converting a CJ 15 gal tank to an intank fuel pump?

-RJ
    1978 Jeep CJ-7 on Won-Tons :D Nv4500/4:1 SOA on ALCANS and mtr's

I finally got back to the project (Finishing the power steering conversion) and was about to mount the p/s pump but the fuel pump is in the way. I can't get the brackets on unless I remove the fuel pump. Is this normal? Is there a different style fuel pump? Just want a little info before I got rippin stuff off.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    holy red X batman
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    you should be able to get the bottom bolt in with out removing the fule pump might have to put it at a angle till the bracket is behind the post that sticks out of top of the pump

best ever 11.669 @ 112.33 mph in 1/4 mile on 33 x 10.50 slicks and 4" lift / 7.358 @ 93.03 mph in the 1/8 mile

holy red X batman

Heres a link to the pics

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mjn...ep+CJ7&.src=ph

Fuzz: It don't want to budge in there with out bending the inlet or taking the pump off.
    F*** it I 'll just take it off, and get it over with.
    Just wanted to make sure everything looked right.
    Thanks---Later

Re: Eletric fuel pump

Quote Originally Posted by mjnoc
    ......Im new to this (eletric fuel pump world) what exactly do I need? Obviously I need a pump and one of those nice bulltear block off plates but do i need a regulator and how many gph/psi should I be looking for? I have a fully rebuild 304 with edelbrock intake/carb (600 cfm)/mild cam/lifters/headers.
    Back to your original question: Needing a regulator depends on the pump you run and the pressure you are running at, if you get a pump that is designed for an FI setup you will need a regulator, if you go with a lower pressure pump you will not.

Holley Street Performance Pumps come in "Red" and "Blue". The red pump is pressure set at 7 PSI and a regulator is not needed. The Blue is pressure set at 14 PSI and comes with a regulator as part of the package. Neither of the pumps are designed to be used with an FI system.