Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Need help installing a 360
Bulltear Ad

Thread: Need help installing a 360

Need help installing a 360

Hey folks,
    I need help really bad. Went to lower my just completed 360 into my 79 CJ5 today and it wouldn't fit!! I have the CJ V8 mounts that attach to the frame, new rubber motor mounts, and the engine brackets that came with the motor when it was pulled from a 79 Wagoneer. Trouble is, with all of these bolted together, the entire assembly is too wide to fit between the frame rails. It ends up being about 2 inches too wide. What have I missed? The only thing I can tell is, is there is a different engine bracket that would attach to the rubber motor mount for the CJ? Some thing is terribly wrong!! Any help would be tremendously appreciated!!!!
    Thanks

Re: Need help installing a 360

Quote Originally Posted by Too Much Fun
    .........the engine brackets that came with the motor when it was pulled from a 79 Wagoneer.........
    The engine mounted brackets for a FSJ are bigger than a CJ's due to the frame being about 5" wider

Thanks for the reply!!! Does anybody know where I can get a set of the correct engine mounts? These two little items have got me at a stand-still. Thanks!!

Would the 304 engine mounts work for him, somebody anybody?

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FSJnovice
    Would the 304 engine mounts work for him, somebody anybody?
    From a CJ yes
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source