Bulltear Ad
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many experienced engine builder do we have here?

Thank you from BT Junior wrench of the Forum
    worked in machine shops for 14 years .
    rebuilt almost everything from tractors to all aluminum donovans.
    now it is just a hobby.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by radamx
    worked in machine shops for 14 years .
    rebuilt almost everything from tractors to all aluminum donovans.
    now it is just a hobby.
    With valuable experiance, and probably some nifty tools
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS tufcj's Avatar
    The 390 I built last fall was the 10th AMC V-8 I've built. I've also built SBCs, Pontiacs, Ford (V-8 and I-6) and a couple of Toyota 4 cylinders. I just do the assembly, I've always had a trusted machine shop to do the machine work.

Bob
    tufcj
    1969 AMX
    1967 Rambler Rogue

If you need a tool and don't buy it...
    you'll eventually pay for it...
    and not have it.
    Henry Ford

Thank you from BT Master Mechanic
    I was a ASE certified Master Machanic in the 90's, but got out it because the pay wasn't there, unless you owned your own shop.

Built a 360 AMC, I am building a 500hp+ AMC 401 now. Have done many repairs on motors, cam swaps, head gaskets etc etc. Have even done a couple of trans.

Professional? Not really, I just do it as a hobby now...kids take alot of time and money.
    If this new part can't break....what old part will??

would you say it runs in the blood line never done a full engine but I sure have done a good job keepin my 304 runnin was swappin some hedders on. And busted 3 Exhaust man bolts had to yank the heads took them to my Dads machine shop got the works for free just had to pay for seals and gasket set bolted her back up found TDC and my baby came to life other than that got rid of the FORD ignition moduale what a peice of sh!t gone thru 4 in 4 years upgraded to MSD anyone run a 304 past 206000? miles still runnin strong and I RUN the piss out of her my JEEP sure does love me wouldnt trade her for a million i dont care what people say..

GOD I LOVE HER she really takes care of me! JEEPS F****** Rule!

Oh yeah My Dad has a rare 68 Nova SS 454 that does high 11s Low 12s He is MR Chevy he is starting to come to the fact that he has a SBC for me in his shop but I want to keep it AMC that way when i kick somones ass in a race they say AMC 304 Really? ha ha ha love it and thank God for flow masters love the sound.

thats just my 2 cents
    I just cant wait till I win that 360 well I can wish cant I thats the only thing left that I need everything else is brand new. that was all that was left to buy when I got Laidoff DEC 22 oh well life is still good gonna try school for 2 years (welding fabrication and CNC) wow 35 and goin back to school thank god for the GI Bill

Johnnie the School Boy

oh what about all the pretty COLLEGE GIRLS
    Locked & Ready to ROCK

I've put a few together, probably more Mazda's, Mitsubishi's, and Nissan's than AMC though! Oh, and maybe an SBC and an SBF.

anyone run a 304 past 206000? miles still runnin strong and I RUN the piss out of her my JEEP sure does love me wouldnt trade her for a million i dont care what people say..

I have a '73 Jeep J4000 with 219000 on a 360, but it's definitely getting tired

yeah now the 304 is at closing on 210000 mi still runnin strong that msd 6 i installed makes a big difference at 12DEG before TDC and a 45 GAP anyone have an ideal plug gap and timing mark?

AMC= BULLETPROOF
    Locked & Ready to ROCK

Bulltear forum member Swabie

BUILDING AMC'S

I HAVE BEEN A CERTIFIED ASE MECHANIC SINCE 1981. MY FIRST CAR WAS A 1970 AMX IN 1974 AND I HAVE HAD MANY MANY AMC CARS SINCE THEN. JUST A HOBBY NOW, BUT I THINK THAT THERE ARE MORE OPTIONS AVAILABLE TODAY FOR THE AMC V8 THAN EVER BEFORE. I STILL LEARN A LOT OF TIPS ON THIS FORUM. THANK GOD FOR THE GUYS AT BULLTEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST FINISHED A CJ7 WITH A 360, AND I AM GETTING READY TO DO A 390 FOR ANOTHER PROJECT.

CHEERS!!!!!11

JERSEY
    SPEED COSTS MONEY, HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

Re: BUILDING AMC'S

Quote Originally Posted by JERSEY JOE
    I HAVE BEEN A CERTIFIED ASE MECHANIC SINCE 1981. MY FIRST CAR WAS A 1970 AMX IN 1974 AND I HAVE HAD MANY MANY AMC CARS SINCE THEN. JUST A HOBBY NOW, BUT I THINK THAT THERE ARE MORE OPTIONS AVAILABLE TODAY FOR THE AMC V8 THAN EVER BEFORE. I STILL LEARN A LOT OF TIPS ON THIS FORUM. THANK GOD FOR THE GUYS AT BULLTEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST FINISHED A CJ7 WITH A 360, AND I AM GETTING READY TO DO A 390 FOR ANOTHER PROJECT.
    JERSEY
    Hey Jersey Joe - welcome to the board We have lots of techies here that can answer most, if not all, your questions (not me though )
    Anyway, Can you lose the ALL CAPS IN YOUR POSTS??? That is the same as shouting all the time. Would appreciate it.

Son't suppose you still have the AMX do ya??

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE