Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
"Outboarding" CJ-7 springs - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Outboarding" CJ-7 springs

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by Lifted79CJ7
    Hey Mudrat, long time, no talk! ... Later,
    Jack
    Well getta your head otta the corporate world ... And, you have my work and home numbers

I've got the rest of the front end parts ready to weld ... maybe getting a TJ this week!! Another project ...

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

$410 and won't fit my front end with the frame plates and I can't just by the front part it's all or nothing. If I could just get the front part in a kit with a 1" longer tube I could weld it myself - but nnoooooooo it's $410 and no discounts.
    Poison Spider!!!

Back to bodging ....
    Mudrat "the dissapointed"

Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Kaul
    Poison Spyder makes a kit to mount full width axles under a CJ for those of us lacking in fabrication skills. http://www.spydercustoms.com/index2.php
    Thanks Barry. THIS would have saved me some agravation
    And I like the looks of these. TOP and SIDE But why is the angle aft so steep? That looks like it's too far??

The only thing I really need is the mounting strap or rear mount. I have LOTS of 1/4 and 3/8 plate. Hummm ... ... maybe just cut some triangular plates drill for the diameter of the bushing and weld it to a 3/8 plate then weld the whole durn thing to the frame???

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

You can see what I built here its not as fancy as the blue torch one but it works
    AHHHH Crap, what did I break this time?

Mudslingerz.com

That looks awesome CJ!! Great work! You should definitely mass produce that bi-ach and put those other guys outta business!
    Jack