Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Propane - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Propane

Figured I'd bump this thread. I'll be installing a gotpropane.com kit on my 360 in the next week or so. I'm excited. Any suggestions for mounting locations for the propane parts? I have no fenders, so I might be looking at welding a bracket or mounting it on the firewall.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2095513360

And she currently sits like this:

It will be heading to AOI shortly for some new PRP seats and cage work. When I get it back, she'll be getting a silver cage and front hoop, some new gauges, a HS9500i, some 39 red label BFG Krawlers (hopefully).

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    No fenders???

When you get your cage done, have them tie it to the grill guard hoop, and then hand some sheet off it. This will keep teh gunk of the engine and give you a solid mount for the regulator and stuff.
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    No fenders???

When you get your cage done, have them tie it to the grill guard hoop, and then hand some sheet off it. This will keep teh gunk of the engine and give you a solid mount for the regulator and stuff.
    No fenders. I'm having the shop run a tube from the hoop to the A pillar. I'm holding out hope that I can put something in there to keep the crud off the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by dan58
    No fenders. I'm having the shop run a tube from the hoop to the A pillar. I'm holding out hope that I can put something in there to keep the crud off the engine.
    Should be able to fab up some sheet metal and make a mud-guard without too much effort.
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Quote Originally Posted by Mudrat
    Should be able to fab up some sheet metal and make a mud-guard without too much effort.
    I'm debating that. Might try to use rubber for flexibility. I avoid mud like the plague.

I'm debating that. Might try to use rubber for flexibility. I avoid mud like the plague.
    Rooky

MUDrat
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Figured I'd bump this thread. I'll be installing a kit on my 360 in the next week or so. I'm excited. Any suggestions for mounting locations for the propane parts? I have no fenders, so I might be looking at welding a bracket or mounting it on the firewall.

It will be heading to AOI shortly for some new PRP seats and cage work. When I get it back, she'll be getting a silver cage and front hoop, some new gauges, a HS9500i, some 39 red label BFG Krawlers (hopefully).
    Hi all,

Brand new here-Don't even know how I got here, I was doing a job search...

Anyway, I stumbled across this thread and thought I would ask how the conversion is going (or went). I deleted the links in the quote, but I could not get either to work...

I have a '79 Chief that would love to be back on the road, but I can't afford to drive it.

~Riley

Quote Originally Posted by Riley/MN
    Figured I'd bump this thread. I'll be installing a kit on my 360 in the next week or so. I'm excited. Any suggestions for mounting locations for the propane parts? I have no fenders, so I might be looking at welding a bracket or mounting it on the firewall.

Hi all,

Brand new here-Don't even know how I got here, I was doing a job search...

Anyway, I stumbled across this thread and thought I would ask how the conversion is going (or went). I deleted the links in the quote, but I could not get either to work...

I have a '79 Chief that would love to be back on the road, but I can't afford to drive it.

~Riley
    I love it.

Read this thread:
    http://www.bulltear.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6683

Ahh, very cool.

Thanks.

~Riley