Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Propane
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Propane

Propane

what are the pros and cons of converting to propane

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    you can run at strange angles
    the set up is spendy
    your engine runs cleaner
    you need to place a large tank in your vehicle
    finding a supplier of propane can be tough in some areas
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

yah I had heard that in the proscess of building so buddy and I kicking around all the ideas we can at this time. We figured now is the time to throw all the ideas out once we get the body off . We'll do the exhaust and twin stick the D20 then go from there.

Their is a place in canada that sells conversion kits and here is a link to a outfit in illinois

http://www.hendrixsystems.com/
    Tumble weed
    -Briteblock

What would happen if everyone went to propane?

We would use our crappy performer carbs and motorcraft carbs as door stops and mantlepiece conversational pieces........maybe even a museum entry or motor hall of fame..........

ok ok too much time on my hands
    Tumble weed
    -Briteblock

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    saw a thing a while ago, i think on the history channel or something like that, a guy was running his scout on old fryer greese, he had to put a fuel tank heater in for winter and the exhaust smelled like frenchfries.

Try this for burning french fry oil www.greasel.com

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    I like that geasel.com site. Pretty fun reading. I liked that write up on the "Biggie Mac".
    Jack

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    My sister wants to try that in her Caddy????

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

"propane" or LPG as we call it is a wonderfull invention. We have 5 Jeeps in the family - only two don't run on LPG cause the Wrangler hasn't the room and we haven't gotten around to converting the XJ just yet.
    As the FSJ is a thirsty beast and petrol cost us about 99.9c per Litre the LPG conversion is worthwhile. LPG is expensive right now at .39.5 cpl.

While there is a small drop in performance due to a lower octane rating, the saving in fuel cost is well worth it. Doing a trip from Victoria to Queensland (three days there, 5 days relaxing and 3 days back) saves about $700.00 in fuel cost alone.
    One thing is that we have LPG in most service stations in the populated areas. It's quite common - and LPG is really a waste product in most cases. It's clean and cheap and you can't flood the engine on steep inclines...

Most vehicles converted to LPG run as "dual fuel" that is on LPG and petrol. The FSJ runs twin petrol tanks and twin LPG tanks giving a total fuel load of 280 litres of fuel and being a thirsty beast, I need that amount to get me too and from some of my destinations with safety.
    My CJ10 (what is that I hear you say?) runs the standard 70litre tank and another 80 litre LPG and is more than sufficient for the 253 V8 it runs.
    The ZJ Laredo runs an 80 litre LPG tank and a side tanks of 50 litres -and that gets me enough distance...

The family saves about 60% in fuel bills over a year running LPG and when you realize we sell the stuff to Japan for .4c a litre and import it from Europe for .16c per litre, then you realize just how cheap it is - well, in Australia anyhow..

And - repeat - and, has NO greenhouse emissions like petrol.....but petrol is so darn cheap in the USA - why change to LPG - no value for money, thats why....

I look forward to some of your responses....