Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Propane

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by ironroad 32
    hey mud i'd like tocheck out your propane setup ,i've been thinking about doing duel fuel ,but didn't have anyone local to talk to about it.
    Iron - I don't have one yet - except on my BBQ. I'm trying to gather info myself to see it it will work for me.

I think Thigh19 was whom you may be asking about...

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

ohh..lol i misread your post..lol

I picked up used 100 gallon tank yesterday for $130.00 total as of right now in parts I have $260.00

Quote Originally Posted by Briteblock
    Their is a place in canada that sells conversion kits and here is a link to a outfit in illinois

http://www.hendrixsystems.com/

Do you have a company name or website for he Canuck company?

Their is a place in canada that sells conversion kits and here is a link to a outfit in illinois

I'm still kicking this dog, suggested a smal scale conversion to my dad (our emergency generators) and the Hendrix is bouncing mail Anyother suggestions?

THX
    Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Well it took 3 weeks but got an answer ...
    "All HENDRIX INDUSTRIAL GASTRUX conversion kits are completely assembled and include everything you will need to convert your vehicle to dual fuel,you will be able to switch from an alternate fuel to gasoline. These kits are designed and engineered to fit a specific vehicle. NOT A BOX OF PARTS.
    $1465.00 to for a complete propane (LPG) conversion kit less tank. Tanks cost $500.00 to $700.00 depending on size and mounting location.
    $2300.00 to for a complete compressed natural gas (CNG) conversion kit less tank. Tanks cost $1500.00 to $1800.00.
    If your vehicle is not computer controlled subtract $200.00.
    Domestic cars and trucks only.
    Installation cost around $1500.00
    If you live in Illinois the state will reimburse you 80% of the cost of the conversion up to $4000.00.
    Thank you Todd Hendrix
    847-526-1700"
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

here is a couple of places I've been looking at http://www.gotpropane.com/p1.html http://www.propaneguy.com/
    - Pablo

1981 CJ-7 Laredo 360 V8
    2008 Chevrolet Tahoe 5.3 V8 (wife's)

actually ....

Actually there is a drop in power of about 10-15% when used in a duel fuel . Why ? Gas or petrol is a totally different fuel to LPG ( propane ) , when you get your car converted to LPG in duel fuel, your engine is set up for Gas/petrol and not LPG , you need a different ignition system ( Hotter spark ) and need to have your distributor recurved to suit , different plugs , camshaft , etc to gain maximum efficiency.

In actual fact if you ran 2 systems side by side - gas to LPG , you'd have a similar output & in some cases actually more HP than with Gas/peterol.LPG has an average octane rating of 110 , but less compressional force as gas/petrol. LPG is a bit like methanol , you can run a higher compression , more timing without the fear of pinging / pinking but you don't need as much fuel like methanol . LPG is a clean fuel and in most states in Australia you don't need the emissions system in your car. cleaner engine bay.

In Australia, LPG is very popular , there are different manufacturers here other than IMPCO , Gas research in victoria is an company that has their own kits , they are mainly based on the performance side , they have LPG mixers & carbys , tanks , solennoids, dual LPG carb kits for high peformance V8's , supercharged vehicles , etc, etc.

Actually my project FSJ i am building now will have Gas research twin carbys and mixers on it & be set up entirely for LPG.

Re: actually ....

Quote Originally Posted by FSJer
    Actually there is a drop in power of about 10-15% when used in a duel fuel . Why ? Gas or petrol is a totally different fuel to LPG ( propane ) , when you get your car converted to LPG in duel fuel, your engine is set up for Gas/petrol and not LPG , you need a different ignition system ( Hotter spark ) and need to have your distributor recurved to suit , different plugs , camshaft , etc to gain maximum efficiency.

In actual fact if you ran 2 systems side by side - gas to LPG , you'd have a similar output & in some cases actually more HP than with Gas/peterol.LPG has an average octane rating of 110 , but less compressional force as gas/petrol. LPG is a bit like methanol , you can run a higher compression , more timing without the fear of pinging / pinking but you don't need as much fuel like methanol . LPG is a clean fuel and in most states in Australia you don't need the emissions system in your car. cleaner engine bay.

In Australia, LPG is very popular , there are different manufacturers here other than IMPCO , Gas research in victoria is an company that has their own kits , they are mainly based on the performance side , they have LPG mixers & carbys , tanks , solennoids, dual LPG carb kits for high peformance V8's , supercharged vehicles , etc, etc.

Actually my project FSJ i am building now will have Gas research twin carbys and mixers on it & be set up entirely for LPG.
    Thanks FSJer, We Americans are a bit behind in the alternative fuel area. But I've heard if we convert to propane we get a tax break and get to dump a lot of the emissions as well. I'm still looking at this option. But unlike Australia, we don't have many propane filling stations for vehicles yet.

Pat
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

LPG ( propane )......

Nearly all cabs/ taxi's in Australia run LPG ,i think it is similar in the USA aswell ( have to check that ), also alot of high performance diesol 's nowadays run Propane ,well about 15-20 % , the rest 80-85 % diesol, you find alot with diesol trucks and the like , that when the diesol fuel is compressed inside the engine & Burnt and comes out the exhaust , not all all of the fuel is burn't , thats why you see alot smoke coming out of their pipes , LPG once injected inside the cylinder (compressed & burnt ) completes the burn process to a alot higher degree (also LPG is a really cold fuel) and produces more power , actually alot more efficient to run a LPG/Propane in your diesol.

Have to find that website with all the information where i learnt all this from>>>