Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Propane - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Propane

hi guy's , lpg runs great on the 360 v-8's.
    facts-1-a larger intake manifold is better ie 4- barrel even small single plane intakes work well!
    -2-a straight lpg set up will always work better than a duel fuel but you need good compression 9.5/10 to 1 is good, recurved dizzy colder plugs advanced cam timming.
    -3-all basic engine rebuild steps help ie. porting/big valve etc.
    -4-free flowing exhaust-single 2.5 or bigger
    -5-straight gas (once tuned)will run and start smoother!!
    -6-lpg loses out slightly on take off but will rev freely without loosing top end(excepting maybe in a racecar!)
    -7-lpg will run hot/cold hill/steep hill/upside down etc..........

i'm running an 83 wagoneer amc 360 hi comp heads impco 425 straight lpg carby fitted to a squrebore holley base plate crane 260h cam advance a couple of deg. B-2 converter re-spun dizzy,b/b chev valves port work,approx 9.5 to 1 comp,4-2-1 extractors,

only down side is you use a little more fuel per mile of lpg than petrol!
    and the tanks take up a little more room and you cant carry jerry cans!!

i run 2-tanks @approx. 170 liters and get approx 700km's(435miles)approx.i think!! hope this helps(i no its late!)cheers..d.c.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    D.C. welcome aboard!! Got any pics of your setup?
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

yes, but i don't no how to post them ? i no how to e-mail pics..
    any help would be great!!

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Quote Originally Posted by hot360
    yes, but i don't no how to post them ? i no how to e-mail pics..
    any help would be great!!
    Can do!! We have a thread just for that as a matter of fact
    http://www.bulltear.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2581

You can use just about any hosting service, but some have bandwidth limits - each time your pictures are viewed they count bits and when it gets to your limit, they stop responding until the next period starts, usually the following month!!!!
    Photobucket seems to be the easiest and most used unless you have a bunch of space with your ISP. there are others with free and some that offer more bandwidth for a small fee.

Pat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

ta i'll give it a go on the weekend!!

All this talk about mythical loss of octane rankles and irks me! First, LPG (in the US and Canada) is about the equivalent to 130 octane. You have to make the motor right to run on LPG. 11:1 compression with 17 degrees of mechanical/vacuum advance combined is pretty common.
    My stroker AMC 6 (4.0L block bored 0.030 and 4.2L crank and rods with a shaved head/block combo makes 4.6L of @282 cu in and almost 300 HP with 325 ft/lbs of torque @1800 rpm) is being set up for this. I used to take the Olds perv diesels and convert them back to gas and run LPG in them. You want to run a very mild cam (needs manifold vacuum to run right) and set it for bottom end to mid power range.

this was my set up
    right now i have a edelbrock performer manifold
    in the netherlands almost everybody drives lpg above 2 liter engines and or high mileage ,its alot cheaper than petrol
    we use impco for the big engines

regards willem

Jeep CJ8 258 1984
    Jeep Wagoneer limited 360 1982
    Gmc G1500 Savana 305

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Long time no see Willem - I like your set up, but it looks like your adding propane to the top of the air cleaner??? Doesn't piping the propane into the air cleaner give you problems?

Also, were you able to correct your oiling problem??

Pat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:34 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    QUOTE-
    (All this talk about mythical loss of octane rankles and irks me! First, LPG (in the US and Canada) is about the equivalent to 130 octane )
    HI JUNKYARD JIM,just looked @ some lpg facts posted as a link by FSJer. the MOTOR octane rating was only 97 for propane?RESEARCH OCTANE WAS 112?(us)
    in australia we used to be able to run 11-1 but i asume due to our higher usage(greed)it is generally accepted that 10-1 is a good comp to run a daily driven performance motor-safely&reliably.a friend of mine is running 11-1 in a f-250 351 clev and has pinging problems under load...
    p.s. i'll probably try about 10.4 on my next motor.or lower comp supercharged straight lpg(propane)GO-JEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

delete

YAHOO IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [url][img]
    img]

AFTER THESE PHOTO'S I ADDED TWIN THERMO'S (OFF AN AU FORD FALCON 1999 MODEL.)THEN FITTED AND TIDIED HOSES LEADS ETC..THIS PROPANE SET UP IS LPG ONLY(STRAIGHT PROPANE!)MOTOR APPROX-300HP..CHEERS...D.C.[img]