Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
Shackle reverse
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shackle reverse

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

Shackle reverse

Since I did the M.O.R.E. shackle reverse THEN decided to slide new D44's under the CJ I had to remake the brackets. I wanted to keep them removable so I fabbed and drilled everything with that in mind.

I needed to move 1.87" each side outboard and swapping sides would have been just over 3" each side, so I decided to make a new plate, weld to the existing (bling) mounts and then stiffen the outter plate. This is what I came up with - - - and how I got there.

" “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Nice job....MORE should hire you
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Project update

OK,
    Here's an since I've finally been able to get back to work on the CJ, SOA project.

Rear perch welded in, but not braced

I think I may have a problem here?? The tie rod is only ~1/4 in above the spring on the P-side, but about 1" on the drivers side? And I need a new drop pittman that will fit the 3/4" Heim joint

WOOHOO! FINALLY SITTING ON RUBBER!!!
    (but I had to take the left front back off or I couldn't get in/out of the shop )

HI-steer setup drivers-side (not bolted down)

HI-steer setup pssngr-side (not bolted down)

Me and the Jeep in my Way to small shop

Closer-up proof of the dastardly deed, done dirt cheap...

OK, time for lunch - then, it's back to the shop with me ...

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

The Jeep is looking good Mudrat.

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    SAWEET!
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

OMG! Is that an actual bulltear shakle?? I don't believe it! What's the temp over at satan's house? Did he turn the air on? Anywho, man that rig looks great Mud! I need to get my rear in gear and come out there to help you take it out for the maiden voyage! So should I bring the bottle of champagne to break on her bumper.....oh wait, better make that a bottle of Natural Light-we are all red necks you know! Keep the pics coming!!
    Jack
    Oh, and btw, whey you're done, feel free to finish up my engine for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Lifted79CJ7
    OMG! Is that an actual bulltear shakle?? ...
    Anywho, man that rig looks great Mud!
    So should I bring the bottle of champagne to break on her bumper.....oh wait, better make that a bottle of Natural Light-we are all red necks you know! Keep the pics coming!!
    Jack
    Oh, and btw, whey you're done, feel free to finish up my engine for me!
    Jack, Jack, Jack ...
    First; YES it is a BT shackle - Actually I have 2 complete sets 1 for the CJ and 1 for the YJ.
    Second; You bring 'diet beer' and your sleeping in the shop instead of the couch!!! It's dark or nothing (though your homebrew wasn't bad for a pilsner)
    Three; I've offered you my bench and air tools so you can port and polish - anything bigger will have to wait (but not much longer

Mudrat
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Jack is an hour away and I am 5 minutes; I need to get myself over there for some hard cider. I will be getting under way in a few days and won't be around for a few months.l
    Hmmm, insert nut and turn....

http://jeepsr4ever.imgbay.com/charter.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT11
    Jack is an hour away and I am 5 minutes; I need to get myself over there for some hard cider. I will be getting under way in a few days and won't be around for a few months.l
    Yeah yeah - Going around the Horn, with stops in various South American ports in several countries - tough life At least you'll get your shellback certificate But jsut because your going through the Straight of Magellan dosen't get you the Certicicate of Magellion - you have to circumnavigate the GLOBE for that.
    And I don't hae any cider left I MAY have some Amber Bock though

You're always welcome Rob. But that 5 mins seems like DAYS sometimes

Mudrat
    Golden Shellback, Order of Magellian, Order of the Ditch, Blue Nose, Royal Blue Nose (North Pole), and a few others
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Quote Originally Posted by MUDRAT
    Jack, Jack, Jack ...
    First; YES it is a BT shackle - Actually I have 2 complete sets 1 for the CJ and 1 for the YJ.
    Second; You bring 'diet beer' and your sleeping in the shop instead of the couch!!! It's dark or nothing (though your homebrew wasn't bad for a pilsner)
    Three; I've offered you my bench and air tools so you can port and polish - anything bigger will have to wait (but not much longer

Mudrat
    I might have to take you up on the head work. I still need to get a valve spring compressor to get my old valves out first. Anyone know of a good place to pick up some replacement valves and locks as a set? Anywho, good work and can't wait to see all the new goodies you picked up today!
    Jack