Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Shackle reverse - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shackle reverse

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    Thanks Jack, already have them installed. THESE are what I'm looking for but DANG they are expensive!!!

Mudrat
    edit-mudrat: they corrected the pricing on the page from 29.90 to 2.99 so I ordered 10 of them :-)
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar

jack-
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

OK -

Got the outboard perches done and in, started with the drag link and tie-rods. May have a problem.

Got the new heims on the rods and the rods on the Jeep. Used the new conical offset spacers. Concerned they are going to allow to much stress on the bolt though??

And - the Drag-link

Looks like a 2" drop arm would do the trick. The DRAG (hehehe) is that the pitman arm needs to have a 3/4" hole to fit the heim joint.

Anybody have any suggestions on where to get one that fits the standard GM sector shaft but has the 3/4 hold in it for the drag link??

ALSO, I'm going to have to add some angled shims to the front axle. With the spring reverse and the length of the shackle, the drive shaft is at 15 deg and the axle is only at 10. Basically the axle is now paralell with the ground instead of turned up to meet the transfer case

MC ... got any 5-6 degree 304 or 316 shims laying arround

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

nope not at this moment
    [COLOR=#000000]

Pat, Try contacting Sam of Sam's Off Road in OK (www.samsoffroad.com). He has someone that makes him heavy duty steering arms.

He might be able to help you out in someway. Real cool guy - has a killer CJ7 on 39 boggers with lots of HP.

I still say go with the one inch spacer instead of the cones - looks like it would be a lot stronger. I think the bolts will fine most of the time, but would suck if one broke on the interstate!

Or you might be able to fab a bar up on top to reinforce it. Maybe get some longer threaded rods (dang it, forgot the correct name) that hold the arm to the knuckle. Just another idea. I still say that the spacer is the way to go.

Oh well, that's just my .02. I am just jealous that your shizn!t is almost done and mines still in tons of pieces!

Jack

Thanks Jack, 'Sams' must really like those pittmans - at $120 each!
    And I HAVE the spacers, the offset cones are for articulation of the Heim joint. Agree it would suck ANYTIME if they broke, that's why I went 3/4" grade 8 bolt (they were 5/8's), over 30K lbs//ft of clamping and 120K ft//lbs of shear strength for a Jeep that may top out at 3K pounds loaded w/ pax :-)

By the way that's the drag link between the pittman and the steering arm on the knuckle. It's a tierod between knuckles

Mudrat
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

[COLOR=#000000]