Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
FUEL REVOLT
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FUEL REVOLT

Bulltear forum member Swabie

FUEL REVOLT

HOW ABOUT THIS:

The fuel situation is a supply / demand thing. One of the better ways to effect change is to impact on the only part of the equation that we as drivers can. How about a national coordinated effort to boycott buying fuel for one weeks time? I understand that this may not be practical in every application, but can you imagine the GLUT OF OIL they would have if this was done. Screw the oil company. They are making record profit and taking advantage of the situation in the Middle East to justify it. The "National Boycott Fuel Week" would take some effort, but I bet it would get their attention
    SPEED COSTS MONEY, HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Hey Joe i hear ya
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

I just saw diesel in Portland, TX at $1.95/gal.
    1980 CJ7, EFI AMC 360, TF727, SOA suspension about to morph into 4-link front and rear...more cool stuff in the works

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepguy553
    I just saw diesel in Portland, TX at $1.95/gal.

Diesel down in FL was $1.689 a gal as of yesterday.

A two week imbargo would fix them, but just like everything else you have to get the people together to do it, some one once called it a union.

84' CJ8-360-Project M170 Jeep
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep
    Project CJ8 to M170 Conversion<----Click

Count me in on the fuel union. Time to stick it to the big guys!
    '97 TJ

Thank you from BT Master (OIIIO)
    2.49 for diesel fuel in North california, i actually think the local stations are trying capitalize on the diesel market right now, because that is equal to premium. Find the right truck stop and you can get diesel for 2.19.

I'm hearing you out west too, and as we speak the continued gas hikes up further.

And im putting a 401 in my cj

IF washington wont quit spending money like mad men then i suggest we claim 9 deductions in 2010 and withold or taxes till the final dead line of 4/15/2011.

CJ7 AMC401 http://www.fordification.com/images/forum/bug.gif

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I WON'T!!" -General George Patton
    Member #377

Thank you from BT Tech Master Bulltear Forum

well I just tuned up the ole 304 w/a vacuum guage & all, it runs better & I actually didn't use that much fuel going to work today. =D>

84' CJ8-360-Project M170 Jeep
    86' CJ7-258-Mommas Jeep
    Project CJ8 to M170 Conversion<----Click

Fuel revolt

It's funny how everything else in Jersey is freaking sky high expensive, but gas seems it to the lowest. You can still find regular fuel for $1.65, and on the way in this morning I saw a Hess station selling Diesel for $1.55 a gallon. There are some scumbag cut throats right near the main highways selling regular for $1.95 to $2.00.

Gas prices in and around Corpus Christi, TX
    87-octane @ $1.75-1.79/gallon
    91-octane @ $1.89-1.91/gallon
    93-octane @ $1.95-2.01/gallon
    Diesel @ $1.59-1.61/gallon
    What the hell is going on here? Last week I saw diesel at $1.95 per gallon, now it is cheaper than 87-octane low-grade crap.
    1980 CJ7, EFI AMC 360, TF727, SOA suspension about to morph into 4-link front and rear...more cool stuff in the works

fuel prices

I was in Upstate New York over the weekend. While I was in a local store, the owner asked if I needed fuel. When I asked why he said because it's going up from $2.03 to $2.13 RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say I filled up BEFORE he had a chance to change the price.

Meanwhile back in Jersey, it's still can be found for $1.79, diesel is still around $1.63.