Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
I LOVE IT!!

Thread: I LOVE IT!!

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS

I LOVE IT!!

Just got a chance to try a plasma cutter - WHAT AN AWSOME TOOL!!!!

Instead of blowing out another tip on my gas rig or tear up blades in my sawz-all, I thought I'd see if I could practice with the plasma cutter in the shop. Randy showed me on a couple cuts and then turned me lose. What a great ride. 7" cuts, 1/4 in plate - under 10 seconds! This thing just got bumped up on my Christmas list

'Course Fathers Day is coming up sooner

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Yah, a co-worker of mine bought one a while back.... I get to borrow it from time to time as I have projects where it is needed. All the benefits of using one without having to pony up the $$$. The decent entry level ones are $1500-2000.
    '74 CJ5
    304V8
    T18 swap
    twin-sticked/Geared D20
    front disc
    York OBA

Man what a tool. Did learn thou to cut a bit wider. The plates Randy cut came up short. Lesson learned, cut OUTSIDE the lines

And I agree, the miller 375 starts at $1500, but is dual voltage and gets to 5/8" with a clean cut.

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS jeepsr4ever's Avatar
    Mud plasma ROCKS! Thats what we use to cut aluminum sheets and sheetmetal....nothing like it...except waterjet and a laser....and supermans xray vision
    [COLOR=#000000]
    Featuring www.StarLabCNC.com[/URL] for CNC plasma machines
    1-651-433-3689 TOLL FREE 1-855-433-3689

Quote Originally Posted by jeepsr4ever
    Mud plasma ROCKS! Thats what we use to cut aluminum sheets and sheetmetal....nothing like it...except waterjet and a laser....and supermans xray vision
    So where the h3ll are you!!!! I called for some tech assist and was told you were "on the road".

Anybody, anybody??? Bueller, Bueller??

Tech assist = what angle do I need for the shackles on the front springs?? It looks like stock is 90 deg. the shackle reverse looks like a little aft (110-120?) ... so where do I go for an SOA WITH a shackle reverse - 90? 100? 110???

Right now with no load on the springs - I can do anything I need to. Whats proper??

Mudrat
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Mud, I'd go in the 110 degree range so you can have a decent amount of droop. Oh, and don't forget when you order your front driveshaft to get a long spline version so you don't have to deal with your shaft seperating on you! SRS's have a bad tendency to do that to normal length shafts(plus factor in how much wheel travel you're gonna have with all that lift!!).
    Jack