Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962
CJ V8 Motor Mounts
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CJ V8 Motor Mounts

Thank you from BT Grease Monkey

CJ V8 Motor Mounts

I need a set of frame horns for a V8. I'm putting a 401 AMC into my 70 Jeepster and was Told that CJ frame horns are what I need. Adavanced adapters have them but they're $200+ and I'm kind of on a budjet. Any sugestions?

Thank you from BT ULTIMUS MAXIMUS STATUS
    $200 is steep, why not go down to the UWI and pull them yourself? I'm heading out tomorrow for a 'private session' want me to see if they have any V-8 mounts?

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Don't know what the UWI is. But if they have them, I'd like to know more.

UWI is U-Wrench-It, your local salvage yard. I'm about to head over to the one I've been using. Picking up a couple TJ roll/sound bars, all the seat belts and some other pieces parts to get my snorkle to work (needs a TJ air filter setup) for the CJ & YJ. They have a couple old 304's still in the frame, I'll see if I can get the mounts if you want.

If your in Portland, maybe Tigger or Jeep Angle can find you something??

Mudrat
    " “It is said that men go mad in herds, and only come to their senses slowly, and one by one.." -Charles MacKay
    "'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.' "
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Thank you from BT ULTRA TECH MASTER!!! pyagid's Avatar
    i have at least 1 set of frame mounts. I dont have the block side. PM me for pics if you are interested.
    "Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
    - Mahatma Gandhi

http://www.mikeysway.org/ <~~~ Friend of the family. 100% of donations are contributed. All Taxes and fees are paid for by an outside source

UWI

We have U-Pull-It out here and the only Jeeps they've got are FSJ's and XJ's.

Sorry to highjack for my first post-- but

Mudrat- Where is there a UWI in VA that has SWB Jeeps.

I'm located in Richmond, and the yards only have XJs and a few FSJ.

Always looking for parts, and will need a set of V8 frame horns in the Fall. (dropping in a 360)

Quote Originally Posted by littlejohn
    Sorry to highjack for my first post-- but

Mudrat- Where is there a UWI in VA that has SWB Jeeps.

I'm located in Richmond, and the yards only have XJs and a few FSJ.

Always looking for parts, and will need a set of V8 frame horns in the Fall. (dropping in a 360)
    I'll need to find out frm Lifted 79 (Jack) I haven't been tothe one in the beach and the one I was dealing with in York county I DO NOT RECOMMEND!! There are some legal issues going on with them right now.

Jump over and join D-Links, we're starting to discuss things like this there.

Mudrat
    -Ronald Reagan

VOTE

Unfortunately YJ, TJ, and CJ's are almost nonexsistent at the UWI here (I saw one YJ once there already stripped clean). I'll keep my eyes peeled though.
    Jack

if i see any i'll get them if possible. plenty of UWI's here in socal.
    later,rollen
    83 eagle (r.i.p.)
    85 gl1200 gold wing LTD pilot
    1999 gl1500C valkyrie(plain gold wing)
    1994 jeep grand cherokee limited pilot
    McDonnell Douglas c-17 mechanic
    corrupting people since 1962